Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 06:37 PM

26 posts, read 99,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter View Post
yes, we still have indians attacking our covered wagons. Just the other day i had to pull a couple arrows out of my butt.
You were lucky. I still have an arrow left in my butt!

Last edited by south_fl_grl; 12-09-2010 at 07:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 06:42 PM

819 posts, read 1,743,442 times
I just got one in my but to I thick Iam a goner. Iam losing to much beer bye.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:24 PM

509 posts, read 1,349,508 times
I wear baggy jeans and my mom always yelled at me....I never was in trouble with the law...I just liked the 'style' or whatever, I also wear my ball caps backwards and wear bandannas when I work out....can I be a goon with these credentials?!?!?!

Old 12-10-2010, 07:07 AM

697 posts, read 1,281,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Okay, I know this might be a crazy question and maybe an ignorant one to some, but I really want to know if there's any ghettos/hoods in South Dakota? I'm sure there's goons and bad people in general but I'm talking about durag, baggy-saggy pants pass the butt wearing goons. I'll admit, I would like to visit South Dakota mainly for Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial and Sturgis rally one day. I know South Dakota isn't a heavy populated state either so I'm just really curious.

So I'm just asking out of pure curiosity and would appreciate any answers and info. Not that I plan on going to visit any hoods. Thanks.

after reading this all I could think of was an old song------- trolling trolling trolling- all litel- the -best is doing is trolling

ok ok ya had to be there

Old 12-10-2010, 09:31 AM

1,582 posts, read 3,109,061 times
Hey now! We have a ghetto in Belle! It's that strip along the interstate where there are three rundown trailers and an old broken down nag mowing the yard!

It's kinda hard to wear those baggy draws and get up on yer horse, dontcha know? Plus, the horse tends to get kind of offended if more of your rear shows than his!

(Sorry, I just had to!)

Old 12-10-2010, 09:48 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,050,843 times
This is probably a very legitimate question, and I'm not sure how to answer it. I've lived all over the US and in some foreign countries. South Dakota doesn't have a ghetto. At least not what I would call a ghetto. Nor would I classify anything as the "Hood". I've been to queens, I've been to South Chicago, New Orleans, Florida, and I've seen the hood. I'm sorry, I can't find it in South Dakota.

We had a little fun with this thread but in all seriousness, there just isn't anyplace like that in South Dakota.

And yes, I used to hang out at the "Snake Pitt" in Fort Pierre. Drank many a good cold beer there. hahahaha

Old 12-10-2010, 09:51 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,768,238 times
I am refraining about making any jokes about east river (Big Sioux) About Sioux City Iowa, or Fairburn...

Old 12-10-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
This is probably a very legitimate question, and I'm not sure how to answer it. I've lived all over the US and in some foreign countries. South Dakota doesn't have a ghetto. At least not what I would call a ghetto. Nor would I classify anything as the "Hood". I've been to queens, I've been to South Chicago, New Orleans, Florida, and I've seen the hood. I'm sorry, I can't find it in South Dakota.

We had a little fun with this thread but in all seriousness, there just isn't anyplace like that in South Dakota.

And yes, I used to hang out at the "Snake Pitt" in Fort Pierre. Drank many a good cold beer there. hahahaha

Snake pit? Good grief how old are you?

There is no area that feel afraid to be, in daylight or after dark. I carry a gun, but it more for pest control than personal defense.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:10 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,050,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Snake pit? Good grief how old are you?

There is no area that feel afraid to be, in daylight or after dark. I carry a gun, but it more for pest control than personal defense.
I'm 57 years young. Used to break horses for Bud Adams down in Blunt. Old Sam Mahaffey and I would run into the pitt and have a beer, or three. I was probably 16 or 17 at the time. Back then, if you could put your money on the bar, you could buy beer. I too, have a CCW, but even the bad name the Pitt had, I never carried in there. Didn't need to. Those were old ndn brothers. We might have a knock down drag out, but come morning we had breakfast together. GOD I loved those days.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:17 AM

ever do the Suicide ride?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota