Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2007, 07:05 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,036,475 times

Advertisements

My mom is giving me her time sharing next year for my 30th and I am trying to find a nice place to go for about 5 days. I prefer to be able to drive there from Charlotte.

Will it be warm enough to be outside or lay out in Late Jan/early Feb.? There are time sharing condos/cottages that are part of Kiawah's big resort. Has anyone seen them or been to the island? The hotel looks really nice but they don't offer time sharign just the private homes.

How far away is Charleston from the island? I figured we could go there for a day as well. There is also a place we can stay at Charleston but I though being by a beach would be nicer...There are some great places in FL to chose from as well but I have been to Orlando like 25 times already!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 07:53 PM

Default checking

seeing if it works~

Old 05-01-2007, 06:05 AM

890 posts, read 4,328,370 times
It's very hard to predict the weather that time of year. There can be some unseasonably warm days now and then, but it's not the norm and most days you'll need a sweatshirt. It's a crap shoot that time of year. You can enjoy being outside as long as it is sunny and not real windy. It's not laying out beach weather however, sorry.

Kiawah is a good 45 minutes into Charleston. If you are looking to be in area where there is action and things to do staying in Charleston would probably be better, especially that time of year. Kiawah is pretty isolated and has very limited dining, shopping and activity choices.

Last edited by scjj; 05-01-2007 at 07:19 AM..

Old 05-01-2007, 10:12 AM

Default thanks

Thank you..yeah I think we are back to Orlando! I would love to visit that island in the summer though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina