Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2020, 12:10 PM

246 posts, read 431,572 times

Advertisements

More details about the Buc-EEs development,

Buc-ee's expects the Florence location to open in early 2022 and create around 200 permanent full-time jobs, which offer 401(k), three weeks of vacation and other benefits.
The travel center will be just off of Interstate 95 in between Columbia and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. It will anchor an 80-acre retail/hospitality development that will be part of a 500-acre multiuse park, according to Buc-ee's. The initial phase of the retail/hospitality area includes eight pad-ready outparcels, and the park also offers 190 acres of industrial/research development tracts and 225 acres for research, education and greenspace. Francis Marion University Campus will build its new Fresh Water Ecology Research and Conference Center along a 20-acre spring-fed lake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 04:53 PM

308 posts, read 468,238 times
More Townhomes being built in West Florence. https://scnow.com/news/local/more-to...3a815eb28.html

Old 12-02-2020, 07:39 AM

Schlotzsky's Deli at the Florence Mall has closed. (In the past 2 years this mall has lost Dress Barn, Stein Mart, Zoe's, Jos. A Bank, & now the Deli)

JCPenney at the Magnolia Mall has already closed (I thought it would be post holiday) - This along with Victoria Secret are the latest closings in the this mall which includes the Sephora which was inside JCPenney.

Old 12-02-2020, 04:49 PM

634 posts, read 326,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM91 View Post
Schlotzsky's Deli at the Florence Mall has closed. (In the past 2 years this mall has lost Dress Barn, Stein Mart, Zoe's, Jos. A Bank, & now the Deli)

JCPenney at the Magnolia Mall has already closed (I thought it would be post holiday) - This along with Victoria Secret are the latest closings in the this mall which includes the Sephora which was inside JCPenney.
Bummer about Schlotzky's. I never ate there and never went to the mall for it; I never eat in malls anyway. But losing anything in the mall isn't good for the mall, I suppose. Isn't the sandwich shop-slash-Cinnabon over by the east side of the Florence Mall, near Ross and Hardee's, a Schlotzky's also though? They probably shouldn't have had two of them that close to each other.

JCPenny closing really sucks though. They are one of the few retailers out there that carries Big & Tall graphic tees in their stores rather than forcing people to buy from the website. Luckily the one here in Sumter is going to be sticking around for a bit longer.

Magnolia Mall is definitely losing a lot of things. Mid-pandemic isn't really the best time to be opening new stores and malls have been on the decline for a while but hopefully they can bounce back. We travel up from Sumter to go to Magnolia Mall and Target; going to a Target, Barnes and Noble, Best Buy, and more is about the same length of time from here to there as it is to Columbia. If Magnolia Mall keeps losing stores, there won't be much incentive to pick a trip to Florence over Columbia (Tubb's or King Jefe for dinner will ensure we keep making occasional trips though).

Old 12-03-2020, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEL1NER View Post
Bummer about Schlotzky's. I never ate there and never went to the mall for it; I never eat in malls anyway. But losing anything in the mall isn't good for the mall, I suppose. Isn't the sandwich shop-slash-Cinnabon over by the east side of the Florence Mall, near Ross and Hardee's, a Schlotzky's also though? They probably shouldn't have had two of them that close to each other.
Yes, this is the Schlotzky's that has closed, and the only one in Florence to my knowledge.

A lot of people get confused. We have the enclosed mall (Magnolia Mall), and the Florence Mall, which is where Ross/TJ Maxx/Hardees and all is.

Old 12-05-2020, 09:48 AM

Per their website, Freddy’s Custard and Steakburgers is confirmed to be coming to 1104 Pamplico Hwy

Old 12-06-2020, 08:10 PM

634 posts, read 326,832 times
Quote:
Yes, this is the Schlotzky's that has closed, and the only one in Florence to my knowledge.

A lot of people get confused. We have the enclosed mall (Magnolia Mall), and the Florence Mall, which is where Ross/TJ Maxx/Hardees and all is.
Oh, damn. Yep, I definitely got confused there. Major bummer then. That means no more Cinnabon.
But I did just discover that Sweet has a second location, in Cibo's. I had been wanting to try Sweet forever, since I love all of the Downcountry Dining Group's other food endeavors (King Jefe, Tubb's, Pizza Mio, and then now-closed Revival Burger), so I went by it on Friday while picking something up at Best Buy and got some cupcakes and slices of cheesecake to bring home. Pretty good stuff. So maybe Sweet can take a little bit of the sting out of losing Cinnabon.

Old 12-07-2020, 06:42 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:

Just read Sephora is about to partner with Kohl's. They are done with JCPenney stores that are staying open.

Old 12-07-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEL1NER View Post
Oh, damn. Yep, I definitely got confused there. Major bummer then. That means no more Cinnabon.
But I did just discover that Sweet has a second location, in Cibo's. I had been wanting to try Sweet forever, since I love all of the Downcountry Dining Group's other food endeavors (King Jefe, Tubb's, Pizza Mio, and then now-closed Revival Burger), so I went by it on Friday while picking something up at Best Buy and got some cupcakes and slices of cheesecake to bring home. Pretty good stuff. So maybe Sweet can take a little bit of the sting out of losing Cinnabon.
If I am not mistaken, there is still a Cinnabon at the Pilot Gas Station on 52.
I'm sure this is not the same scale as the Cinnabon at the Florence Mall, but I have not seen it to verify.

Old 12-08-2020, 05:17 AM

Konnichiwa Bento, Sushi & Grill Is opening where Zoe’s was at the Florence Mall

And Overstock Furniture/Mattress is going where Stein Mart was

This info is on the leasing site for the Florence Mall (River Crest Properties)

Also worth noting that it states Hardee’s is coming available and Shane’s Rib Shack. I’m guessing this either means that business is closing or someone can buy the franchise and keep it open?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina