Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2006, 05:50 AM

4 posts, read 7,528 times

Advertisements

On a couple towns we are considering moving to....they are Easley, Greer, or Simpsonville. I have been researching these three. We have 4 boys in the school system, so that is important in our decision. Also the race relations are a factor....can anyone tell me about these three places, which is the best to live and raise a family.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2006, 07:50 AM

90 posts, read 443,344 times
We live in Easley. It's the 'country' but close to everything. We're in Anderson Co. School dist #1. It is considered the 'best of the best' in the county. Housing is very affordable and so is the cost of living. Property taxes are also cheaper than they would be in Greenville Co. I've lived in Taylors (next door to Greer) and that area is seeing a boom in housing growth and population growth. Not sure of the schools there. My daughter was too young to attend when we lived there. I rave about the Easley and Powdersville areas. They're family friendly and great places to raise children. And, if you ever need to get downtown, it's only a 15 min drive.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:57 AM

43 posts, read 159,499 times
Try Ft Mill S.c Very Affordable , Schools Are Excellent , Housing An D Taxes Also Very Good

Old 12-20-2006, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARLAN13 View Post
Try Ft Mill S.c Very Affordable , Schools Are Excellent , Housing An D Taxes Also Very Good
A little futher than we are looking at...thanks

Old 12-20-2006, 09:15 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,910,223 times
4Boys, why that area? May I ask?

Old 12-21-2006, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
4Boys, why that area? May I ask?
We are just looking for a move and didn't want to go to FL or GA...since we're in AL, we are looking for another southern town...after much thought and searching we found SC and these areas are the ones we like.

Old 12-21-2006, 11:34 AM

286 posts, read 1,478,262 times
Greer and Simpsonville are more alike than is Easley. Greer and Simpsonville are soon to be swallowed by urban sprawl and will have all the conveniences. My personal nod would go to Northern Greer for geographic location. It is closer to the mountains and with young boys, outdoor activities might be of interest.

I don't know much about Easley other then to say it is the more "country" of all three areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina