Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2006, 06:33 PM

486 posts, read 996,897 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

Been enjoying this forum for a while now and would like to know about some of the towns in the low country, schools, crime, the usual. We are looking at a new community in Johnsonville. Never been there but will check it out soon as well as Summerville and a few others. So far I have heard some good things about the Johnsonville school district. I know we would like a small town not to far from the shore but not right at the shore. I know of some people who moved to Conway years ago and love it. Thanks for all the great information on this forum, I'm sure all the input from those who live in S.C. and those who have moved there recently helped many people, and if I move to S.C. I will try to do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2006, 04:59 PM

4 posts, read 17,997 times
Default PEEDEE section of SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
Hi everyone!

Been enjoying this forum for a while now and would like to know about some of the towns in the low country, schools, crime, the usual. We are looking at a new community in Johnsonville. Never been there but will check it out soon as well as Summerville and a few others. So far I have heard some good things about the Johnsonville school district. I know we would like a small town not to far from the shore but not right at the shore. I know of some people who moved to Conway years ago and love it. Thanks for all the great information on this forum, I'm sure all the input from those who live in S.C. and those who have moved there recently helped many people, and if I move to S.C. I will try to do the same.
We have a small house (540 sq ft), a large floored barn and sgl car garage, plus 2 car carport, on about half acre in rural area near Dillon if you are interested. But jobs are scarce there as well as in Johnsonville. More employment in Charleston or Columbia.

Old 11-14-2006, 06:40 PM

Thank you beachboy for responding. I looked up Dillon on the map and see that it is in the Northern part of the state and close to the shore. Your home sounds nice! My husband is a truck driver, daily route, home every evening, he also drives tractor trailers. Johnsonville is not far from Myrtle Beach and maybe he could work there. I contacted the same type of company in M.B. that he works for now (local beverage deliveries to restaurants, bars, supermarkets, etc.) and they seemed very positive and said they needed drivers. I've done all the research I could do on Johnsonville without actually going there including internet, calling the local police station, and looking at various web sites of the Fire Dept., schools, and businesses. Don't mind the rural part, but we want a safe place with decent schools. I have heard some good things about the Johnsonville schools, but don't really know for sure as I have not been there yet. Sorry so long but just looking for input from people who may live or have lived in the Pee Dee region, so far its been hard to get many responses.

Old 12-31-2006, 06:21 AM

2 posts, read 8,310 times
hEY, BARBARA!

I live in Johnsonville and have for the past 13 years. I am what they call an "import" BUT I LOVE IT HERE! Both of my children graduated from Johnsonville and unlike a lot of places, they still remain friends to this day and will probably send "their" children to school together! The closeness of the community is awesome. No we don't have a lot of high paying jobs here and you will probably have to work in surrouding areas. (about 30 minutes away) But we own a farm here and have horses and cows and I wouldn't want to raise my kids or grandkids anywere else. We have our share of "small town" stuff but that is everywhere! I give you two thumbs up for Johnsonville!!!!! I lived in Charleston for most of my life and Summerville is indeed a beautiful place. I love Charleston and have family that still lives there but I can be there in 1.5 hours and still come home and enjoy the peace and serenity of home! LOVE IT HERE!
God Bless,
Ann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
Hi everyone!

Old 01-02-2007, 05:03 PM

Thank you Ann for responding, we can't wait to visit the area. Your farm sounds wonderful. When I called the Johnsonville police station, I talked to a really nice officer who said many of the same things that you did. The more I find out about the area the better it seems to get. Thanks again!

Barbara
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina