Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2007, 08:43 PM

4 posts, read 26,485 times

Advertisements

I am considering moving down to Beaufort from Michigan. I was recently down there for a job interview and I didn't have the time to look at apartments.

I am a recent college grad and need to get out of Michigan because of the terrible winters and economy. I want to stay in an apartment for the first year or so. I tried searching on various apartment sites and I have only came up 3 complexes, there can't be only 3 in the area. Does anyone know of a site I can look at or point me in the right direction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 07:47 PM

6 posts, read 43,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_mac07 View Post
I am considering moving down to Beaufort from Michigan. I was recently down there for a job interview and I didn't have the time to look at apartments.

I am a recent college grad and need to get out of Michigan because of the terrible winters and economy. I want to stay in an apartment for the first year or so. I tried searching on various apartment sites and I have only came up 3 complexes, there can't be only 3 in the area. Does anyone know of a site I can look at or point me in the right direction?
Yes there are plenty of apartments in this area. I moved from detroit here in 2001. It's boring though so good luck on finding entertainment.

Try:
beaufortgazette.com
stuarttowne.com
Dogwood Apartments (843) 524-2207
Parkview Apartments (843) 524-7815 I don't recommend these...considered to be the projects
Canal Apartments Clubhouse (843) 470-0895
Oakfield Apartments (843) 521-4411
Magnolia Park Apartments (843) 846-1138 Income based.
Waterford Place Apartments (843) 525-1621

I'll look for more. You can also look through the online yellowpages.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:26 PM

2 posts, read 14,148 times
Beaufort is a beautiful place but has totally been ruined by the illegal alien population. They are everywhere! Go in wally world on Sunday morning and there are literally hundreds of them. They have a huge presence in Port Royal creating a general nuisance dealing drugs etc. The Port Royal realtors that rent to them make house calls to collect the rent because they don’t want potential buyers to see the magnitude of the problem. For now the area loves the cheap labor, we’ll see how much they love it when they have a major MS13 problem. I have been renting here short term to see how I like it! I’ll be gone when my lease is up. Did I mention that they want nearly 200K for an 1100 SF shack with no garage.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:06 AM

6 posts, read 43,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by not4long View Post
Beaufort is a beautiful place but has totally been ruined by the illegal alien population. They are everywhere! Go in wally world on Sunday morning and there are literally hundreds of them. They have a huge presence in Port Royal creating a general nuisance dealing drugs etc. The Port Royal realtors that rent to them make house calls to collect the rent because they don’t want potential buyers to see the magnitude of the problem. For now the area loves the cheap labor, we’ll see how much they love it when they have a major MS13 problem. I have been renting here short term to see how I like it! I’ll be gone when my lease is up. Did I mention that they want nearly 200K for an 1100 SF shack with no garage.
I'm confused. How does this comment help this person find an apartment?

Old 08-05-2007, 10:41 AM

251 posts, read 1,127,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by not4long View Post
Racism again rears it's ugly head on this board. You have no idea who is illegal and who is not--you just want to hate on someone. There's a place in hell for racists.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:59 PM

9 posts, read 81,710 times
Talking A racist is

A racist, a indy type car, over stock car racer
A racist, drives a rice burnner
A racist, dirves in a Funny car altered
A racist, drives a stocker
A racist, likes drive bys shooting with fast cars
A racist, drives a 6 speed tranny
A racist, has at least 3 sets of tires and rims
A racist, drives a blown car with atleast 8 psig pounds of boost
a non racist does not get the joke.
A non racist bets on number of stabbing and shooting for a family party. (living in So. Ca. its a betting thing on weekends) ( one bunch of friends bet on power poles knocked down) O well closing down hospitals here is gettin common place.
A non racist waits in hell for his/her friends to arrive.
If I may quote a friend "Only the dumb gringos, pay taxes, and pay for health insurance" But he only has 3 wifes and 14 kids, at the same time. And I might add he makes $14 per hr. Farm labor crew boss, no tax farm exempt. Has it worked out the wifes actualy borrow children, before the child services come.
Racism again rears it's ugly head on this board

Old 09-28-2007, 09:43 AM

22 posts, read 124,992 times
For apartments, check out the Preserve at Port Royal (Find Port Royal apartments and homes for rent in South Carolina at The Preserve at Port Royal.) We moved here from NoVa in February and moved in to a nice 2BR/2BA there. Much cheaper than NoVa but a bit pricey for the area ($860/mo). They are nice though; screened porches, ceiling fans in BRs and built in microwave. No D/W though, but they have hook ups. Utilities are really nicely priced, about $90/month in summer w/ AC on all the time. It was about $77/month before the AC and we had windows open most of the time.

I have to say, coming from just outside of DC, it was a culture shock. People here are nice, friendly and overall genuinely decent people. You have those that are always going to be the exception. Be aware that everything here closes early and lots of stuff is not open on Sundays. Banks aren't open on weekends for the most part. Groceries and restaurants seem to be the one unchanged cost for us - in fact, some fast food is more expensive here.

The waterfront is beautiful. I'm not much of a nightlife type, but I have been out to a couple of bars on Bay Street and they are nice. Schools here are not up to par and is part of the reason we are thinking of moving. Also, although I thought it was just a joke, the good ole boy network seems to show around here. DH having a hard time finding job in construction/landscaping because he doesn't know someone in the business now.

Anyway, enjoy. I'd seriously look into Preserve apartments. Also the one on Broad River Blvd @ Riverchase Blvd is OK looking (can't recall the name at the moment), although Preserve has nicer grounds, no cars on blocks and doesn't have rainbow colored buildings (each building at the other one is two tone pastels; blue, green, pink, yellow - just doesn't suit my taste).

Good luck - feel free to PM me if you have other questions.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:38 PM

4 posts, read 3,726 times
We are looking to move from SE NM to the Beaufort area the end of May/start of June & are looking for REAL people with REAL LIFE info to share. We are a married couple with 3 young children, 1 which is special needs, & 2 teens that will be with us part-time as well. I am a SAHM & husband is a certified motorcycle technician so will be job hunting as well. Any tips on jobs, living, areas, etc would be greatly appreciated, TIA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
View detailed profiles of: