Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2024, 12:58 PM

1,023 posts, read 916,378 times

Advertisements

In the Copa Americas, Brazil and Argentina always enter as favorites, followed by Uruguay.

With the exception of Ecuador and Venezuela, all other South American national teams have won the Copa America especially when playing at home.

This edition is special as the 10 South American national teams plus the 6 best from North and Central America participate.

Normally Copa America is played in a South American country with the participation of 2 national teams from North America. This year it will be host by the USA as in the 2015 special edition.

In 2015, the USA had its best participation getting fourth.

Will the USA be able to improve and perhaps reach the final? I hope so

Mexico is another country that, in terms of fans, plays at home and can be a surprise.

Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina do not have so many immigrants in the USA that they can fill any stadium to the point of feeling at home.

I think Brazil and the currently world champion Argentina are both on pare to win.

Brazil has increased its game a lot since the last World Cup, with a new and experienced coach Dorival Jr.
New generation of players emerging with a new 17-year-old brazilian super player. Endrick. Who will join the attacking trio with Vini Jr. and Rodrygo from Real Madrid (Endrick was sold and will also go to Real Madrid after the Copa America).

I don't see current world champion Argentina superior to Brazil in a South American super-classico on a neutral field.

After Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay, I think the USA, Colombia and Mexico could be the surprises of this championship, reaching the final and perhaps becoming champions like Chile was in 2015 in the edition also played in the USA.

GRUPO A
Argentina
Chile

Peru
Canada

GRUPO B
Ecuador
Jamaica
México
Venezuela

GRUPO C
Bolívia
USA
Panama
Uruguay

GRUPO D
Brasil
Colombia

Costa Rica
Paraguay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2024, 08:44 PM

14,828 posts, read 14,847,255 times
Yep, as usual Brazil should be the favorites. I’m not a fan of Neymar and think his absence will help the front 2/3 of the league champions do their thing. Mexico has some interesting players but I’m not sure about their attacking.

Old 06-22-2024, 08:53 PM

14,828 posts, read 14,847,255 times
Well, there goes Mexico’s chance. Their captain and best player looks to have a serious ACL or hamstring injury.

Old 06-23-2024, 04:02 PM

550 posts, read 126,544 times
Just at this moment the U.S. team makes its debut against Bolivia. I suppose that at this moment all the people in the United States will be expectant in front of the television, if they are not in Arlincton to watch and cheer on the national team in live.
I believe that with the security of Turner as goalkeeper, the ability of Musah and the forcefulness of Pepi, you are firm candidates to win. Bolivia has the disadvantage of not having Chumacero.

Last edited by Luis Antonio; 06-23-2024 at 04:39 PM..

Old 06-23-2024, 04:50 PM

End of the first half. What I predicted is coming true. Clear dominance of the US. The Bolivian team did not even pass half the field.

Old 06-23-2024, 06:55 PM

US won the first match. In a group of only 4 that means having more than half of the chances of going to next phase.
I imagine that people are celebrating in the streets and squares all over the USA

Old 06-23-2024, 07:47 PM

16,098 posts, read 6,794,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Antonio View Post
End of the first half. What I predicted is coming true. Clear dominance of the US. The Bolivian team did not even pass half the field.
Yes, as sloppy as the USMNT played, they clearly had greater size and speed than the Bolivia team. I suspect that Uraguay will be an entirely different level of competition. I think the USMNT may need to do well against Panama to advance.

Old 06-23-2024, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I suspect that Uraguay will be an entirely different level of competition.
Yes, without a doubt, Uruguay will be a tough opponent. Just at this moment they have got the third goal against Panama, and the match is already ending.

Old 06-23-2024, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
In the Copa Americas, Brazil and Argentina always enter as favorites, followed by Uruguay.

With the exception of Ecuador and Venezuela, all other South American national teams have won the Copa America especially when playing at home.

Are you sure of that? I don't remember Bolivia ever winning this cup (which doesn't mean that they actually ever won it; of course)

Old 06-24-2024, 06:14 AM

1,023 posts, read 916,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Antonio View Post
Are you sure of that? I don't remember Bolivia ever winning this cup (which doesn't mean that they actually ever won it; of course)
Yes, they were champions in 1963, playing in Bolivia and were second in 1997 when the Copa America was played in Bolivia again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer