Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 05:56 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,187,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPreussen View Post

Brian H , Back to NE Where is soccer most popular in the United States ? Is it Northwest ? Is it truth that it got much bigger in recent years ? I know that american fans were the most numerous foreign fans in Brazil . And by the way , you finally got world class talent player in there . Its a big shame , he won't be able to play in the world cup . It is the first world cup , that I will watch , where United States will not participate . The United States , Italy , The Netherlands , Chile , Ghana , many of regular countries will not play next year .
Where is soccer most popular in US? Well, youth soccer is popular most everywhere but ongoing interest in soccer is highest on the coasts, especially the cities. The Pacific Northwest is supporting their MLS teams very nicely.

Yeah, shame Pulisic is missing his first WC but it must be said that he contributed to the failure. When the US lost to Costa Rica in New Jersey, Pulisic's final ball (shot or pass) was garbage on about 6 nice team buildups, he let us down that qualifier.

By 2026, FIFA is allowing 48 teams. So these qualification woes for big nations will be gone I think. How can Italy, USA not qualify? And after that happens, the group stage in the WC will simply be to reduce the field back to 32 teams. So the group stage will be like friendlies for the strong sides to tinker and rest, I don't think I'll like that.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:47 AM

536 posts, read 331,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Where is soccer most popular in US? Well, youth soccer is popular most everywhere but ongoing interest in soccer is highest on the coasts, especially the cities. The Pacific Northwest is supporting their MLS teams very nicely.

Yeah, shame Pulisic is missing his first WC but it must be said that he contributed to the failure. When the US lost to Costa Rica in New Jersey, Pulisic's final ball (shot or pass) was garbage on about 6 nice team buildups, he let us down that qualifier.

By 2026, FIFA is allowing 48 teams. So these qualification woes for big nations will be gone I think. How can Italy, USA not qualify? And after that happens, the group stage in the WC will simply be to reduce the field back to 32 teams. So the group stage will be like friendlies for the strong sides to tinker and rest, I don't think I'll like that.
This 48 teams is a joke . They already did Euro with 24 teams instead of 16 . It was a mistake . In championships only the strongest teams should play . The level of competition will be much lower .

Yes , I have heard that Portland and Seattle have the biggest fan bases . I hope that interest in soccer can still be there , growing , while americans , have to wait 4 more years for world cup .

Old 11-30-2017, 12:50 PM

18,298 posts, read 26,117,935 times
There isn't a designated mod to cover a few spots sub forums, soccer among them. I've gotten two dm's from posters to take a look at this thread.

I'm going to close this for a while when I get some time do some deletions. I see a lot of capitol letters, hmm, not good.

Closed for moderator review.

ADD>>>>umm, probably best to keep this thing closed.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-02-2017 at 05:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer