Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 05:03 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,543,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
U.S. has looked rather sloppy the whole tournament.
Maybe they can be eliminated sooner than later?? Mexicos coach has been whining a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 08:31 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,260,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
Any predictions before the Semi Finals tomorrow?

Of course like any Gold Cup, it is set up for a Mexico vs US final as usual. They both enter tomorrow as strong favorites. Panama has not impressed me, despite playing a very fun game to watch vs Trini the other night. So I see Mexico coming away from this one with a victory.

US vs Jamaica. Of course US is the favorite and boast the most clinical player in the CONCACAF (Dempsey) but I could see Jamaica giving them a tough time based on the style of play and quality that Jamaica possesses. My head says US but being Jamaican my heart says Jamaica will pull an upset.

The slow footed US backline has not been tested yet in this tournament with a team as fit and athletic as Jamaica. The speed on the flanks and from the forwards like Barnes, Mattocks and Dawkins could give them a really tough time on the counter. I assume Jamaica will set up with two defensive midfielders and the same back 4 from the Haiti match and if they can hold down the fort and defend effectively, you could see a surprise result.

If I was the Jamaican manager, I would line up with this starting 11 (4-5-1):

GK: Dwayne Miller (Syrianska/Sweden)

LB: Kemar Lawrence (NY Red Bulls/MLS)
CB: Wes Morgan (Leicester City F.C./EPL)
CB: Michael Hector (Reading F.C./ENG)
RB: Adrian Mariappa (Crystal Palace F.C./EPL)

LMF: Gareth McCleary (Reading F.C./ENG)
LCMF: Je-Vaughan Watson (FC Dallas/MLS)
CMF: Jobi McAnuff (Leyton Orient F.C./ENG)
RCMF: Rudolph Austin (Leeds United F.C./ENG)
RMF: Chris Humphrey (Preston North End F.C./ENG)

FW: Giles Barnes (Houston Dynamo/MLS)
Yeah, Jamaica does pose problems for the US due to their speed. Playing on a flat surface though, unlike when they play in Jamaica, does help eliminate mistakes that Jamaica likes to exploit. I'm still going USA on this one, they just have more quality than Jamaica. Yedlin may be a good start for the US in this game. I'm saying USA 3-1.

Panama needs to get lucky against Mexico, again it is a quality issue. Mexico could not hit the goal against Costa Rica, though, they were terrible once they would get open. If that happens again, Panama has a chance. I'm saying Mexico 2-0.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:35 PM

I waw just downtown Atlanta at the Georgia Dome, good to see the many futbol fans. What is at stake with these matches and how does it relate to the 2018 World Cup?

Old 07-22-2015, 06:17 PM

I waw just downtown Atlanta at the Georgia Dome, good to see the many futbol fans. What is at stake with these matches and how does it relate to the 2018 World Cup?

Old 07-22-2015, 06:49 PM

3,879 posts, read 5,309,412 times
Jamaica to DI BLOODCLOT world! My ticket is booked for Phllly!

Old 07-22-2015, 06:51 PM

3,879 posts, read 5,309,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
It is the CONCACAF Gold Cup. So basically the North, Central American and Caribbean version of Euro or Copa America. World cup qualifying is a separate process, but the best teams in the CONCACAF usually win Gold Cup (USA and Mexico) The Jamaica win this evening was a major upset and possibly a shift in the region.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Jamaica to DI BLOODCLOT world! My ticket is booked for Phllly!
Yea that was very fun to watch. Go Panama

Old 07-22-2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
It is the CONCACAF Gold Cup. So basically the North, Central American and Caribbean version of Euro or Copa America. World cup qualifying is a separate process, but the best teams in the CONCACAF usually win Gold Cup (USA and Mexico) The Jamaica win this evening was a major upset and possibly a shift in the region.
i know Latin America and Europe has the powerhouse teams, both continents were very well represented in the last World Cup, but dont know what the process is to get the top 32 countries in. Id love to see one of the African or Asian countries go deep. That would make it a true world game for me. I was in the city for the pre match festivals here in Atlanta. Many Jamaican fans out and about.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:52 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,432,157 times
Disaster for the US, Klinsman is a joke.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:45 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,432,157 times
Well last nights result for Mexico wasn't suspicious at all. I would have loved to have seen Panama walk off after the Mexico penalty. Absolutely disgusting to see Mexico helped through the last two games like that. I for one, will not be watching the cheats in the final.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer