Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your favorite football team
Manchester United 25 22.12%
AC Milan 5 4.42%
Real Madrid 8 7.08%
Liverpool 5 4.42%
Barcelona 13 11.50%
Arsenal 13 11.50%
Chelsea 7 6.19%
Juventus 7 6.19%
Inter 3 2.65%
Bayern Munich 2 1.77%
Borussia Dortmund 0 0%
Lyon 2 1.77%
Marseille 1 0.88%
Paris SG 3 2.65%
Ajax 3 2.65%
Porto 1 0.88%
Benfica 1 0.88%
Sporting Lisbon 1 0.88%
Celtic 8 7.08%
Rangers 5 4.42%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 07:42 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,551,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
It isnt too shocking. A majority of football fans down here cheer for Mexico over the US
A majority of MEXICAN football fans, which I always find amusing. There's a reason they left their country, after all. Most in Atlanta probably don't care about soccer but would certainly root for their own country over Mexico.

But I get it.....You perversely enjoy rooting against the U.S. while enjoying the benefits of living here. That's OK. Enjoy watching Mexico lose to the U.S. again next year in South Africa. That is, if Mexico even makes it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 07:31 AM

351 posts, read 534,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
A majority of MEXICAN football fans, which I always find amusing. There's a reason they left their country, after all. Most in Atlanta probably don't care about soccer but would certainly root for their own country over Mexico.

But I get it.....You perversely enjoy rooting against the U.S. while enjoying the benefits of living here. That's OK. Enjoy watching Mexico lose to the U.S. again next year in South Africa. That is, if Mexico even makes it.
Most of the football fans down here are mexican from the looks of things...I dont like their team either(especially with that arrogant prick aguirre who I hate almost as much as Bradley)

Really dosent matter if the US and Mexico make the world cup(which I expect both will). They wont be there long, and wont do much with what little time they have there.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Most of the football fans down here are mexican from the looks of things...I dont like their team either(especially with that arrogant prick aguirre who I hate almost as much as Bradley)

Really dosent matter if the US and Mexico make the world cup(which I expect both will). They wont be there long, and wont do much with what little time they have there.
We'll see. I don't have high expectations for South Africa '10 either, but I didn't see us making the quarters in '02 either (and giving Germany all they could handle in that game).

Which Bradley did you hate? The father or son?

Old 08-07-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
We'll see. I don't have high expectations for South Africa '10 either, but I didn't see us making the quarters in '02 either (and giving Germany all they could handle in that game).

Which Bradley did you hate? The father or son?
The old man who calls himself a coach, yet has one of the best US players riding the pine while a person who looks like he does not care 3/4 of the time is starting.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:14 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,654,115 times
My local Premiership team, Aston Villa. Claret and blue, come on son!

Old 08-07-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
The old man who calls himself a coach, yet has one of the best US players riding the pine while a person who looks like he does not care 3/4 of the time is starting.
Care to tell me who those players are?

Old 08-07-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Care to tell me who those players are?
Adu on the bench
Altidore starting

Old 08-07-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Adu on the bench
Altidore starting
Wow, I couldn't disagree with you more. While I'm not giving up on Adu, he showed very little in the little Gold Cup play he got. Furthermore, he hasn't done diddly at Benfica, nor did he play much when he was on loan at Monaco. Hopefully that will change.

As for Altidore, I don't know how you conclude that he looks disinterested out there. For such a young man, the results he's produced on the pitch have been good. Now, he's been languishing in Spain. Hopefully he'll do well at Hull City.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Wow, I couldn't disagree with you more. While I'm not giving up on Adu, he showed very little in the little Gold Cup play he got. Furthermore, he hasn't done diddly at Benfica, nor did he play much when he was on loan at Monaco. Hopefully that will change.

As for Altidore, I don't know how you conclude that he looks disinterested out there. For such a young man, the results he's produced on the pitch have been good. Now, he's been languishing in Spain. Hopefully he'll do well at Hull City.
Donovan didnt do anything in europe from what I remember either(except say he cared more about family which would allow him to come back and play agaisnt weaker talent in the MLS)

Altidore should do well coming off the bench(like he should be doing for the US team)

Old 08-09-2009, 12:34 AM

Location: I will be escaping Suck City and landing in Tampa in December
346 posts, read 911,849 times
Arsenal pwn all.

The way to turn the "ugly American" sports fan into a soccer/football fan is to have him/her watch Arsenal play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer