Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 07:03 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,420,704 times

Advertisements

Looks like its going to be an interesting one from Colorado's point of view. Oscar Pareja is finally gone to Dallas, good luck with the inconsistent performances btw.

Jamie Smith and Mastroeni joined the backroom staff and also with John Metgod servering under Paul Bravo. Id like to see Paul Bravo fired but I think that thats too much to ask, hes been the root cause of our problems for years.

Colorado does have some very good young players, hopefully we can bring them up again this season. Hopefully we get a new manager soon and fingers crossed hes not as worthless as Pareja and get rid of all of our good players to boot.

Toronto are a team to watch out for with Bradley and Defoe joining their ranks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 04:55 AM

218 posts, read 244,812 times
I think Bradley should have not made the move. But if I was him I would go for money as well. He's a good midfielder but Toronto isn't much of a team.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:18 AM

Nobody in MLS compares to Roma or Serie A so in that regard it was a bad move for him to come back. He just wont get the competition in MLS. Moneywise it was wise as hes making a tonne more. MLS does need some big name stars to plan in its ranks, before the get to 30+ range and just get looked upon as a retirement league.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:49 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,857,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Looks like its going to be an interesting one from Colorado's point of view. Oscar Pareja is finally gone to Dallas, good luck with the inconsistent performances btw.

Jamie Smith and Mastroeni joined the backroom staff and also with John Metgod servering under Paul Bravo. Id like to see Paul Bravo fired but I think that thats too much to ask, hes been the root cause of our problems for years.

Colorado does have some very good young players, hopefully we can bring them up again this season. Hopefully we get a new manager soon and fingers crossed hes not as worthless as Pareja and get rid of all of our good players to boot.

Toronto are a team to watch out for with Bradley and Defoe joining their ranks.
Bradley and Defoe playing alongside guys making League 1 wages(and League 1 quality) will not be fun to watch.

The best MLS teams to watch are the ones with the best young players coming through their academies. LAG will be fun to watch this year. Raul Mendiola, remember that name.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:05 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,016,309 times
I'm glad the Union got the 1st pick in the draft.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:32 AM

667 posts, read 1,745,825 times
I don't follow the MLS quite as much as I should. I guess being a New Yorker (now living in NJ) and having such a dismal squad for years drove me away from any true support. But my question is regarding revamping the MLS schedule altogether?
I understand that NFL and MLB season overpowers anything that the MLS can produce but I find it very limiting when the US plays on a schedule completely foreign to what most leagues in the world are accustomed to. This also limits their active play in solid Conmebol international tournaments like Copa Libertadores and/or Copa Sudamericana.

Can you guys see the MLS switching gears on this one?

Old 01-20-2014, 02:05 PM

Personally I dont mind the schedule of MLS. I like having a summer league as I have something to watch when Europe is in off season.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:15 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,255,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Personally I dont mind the schedule of MLS. I like having a summer league as I have something to watch when Europe is in off season.
I agree. I would much rather go to an outside game in Chicago in the Spring, Summer or Fall than the Winter. Actually, I don't think I would attend a winter game, that sounds miserable.

I heard them talking about switching up the schedule, but i hope they don't.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:52 PM

667 posts, read 1,745,825 times
I understand the convenience side on our end but in order to take the league to the next level I honestly think you need to mirror at least the schedule that takes place all over the world. It also causes big disruption when NT play is at stake and long summer tournaments like Gold Cup or Euros take place. Even transfer windows. I don't know but I guess I'm more of a traditionalist and while I know MLS has to keep(and grow) it's audience I wouldnt be surprise if they adopt a more int'l type schedule.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:20 PM

I am from Ireland and understand the traditional league schedule, but I dont think you are going to get more people watching if we mirror England's league. The biggest problem I have is that there is no league, just a big cup tournament. Youd get more new people if MLS went to a league table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer