Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 01:52 PM

242 posts, read 351,725 times

Advertisements

Jaypee, good points about the probable missed call on the Tancredi head stomp. I was a bit surprised at the delay call on the Canada goalie, but there's no telling how things would have turned out if the ref didn't make that call at that juncture. For instance, there was another play later on where Tancredi elbowed Wambach in the throat in the box and that wasn't called. That could certainly have been a second yellow and an ejection, and I have no doubt the US would have scored at least one if they were a man up on Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 01:57 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,428,640 times
Thats BS thing to say, bad decisions went both ways. The Canadians crumbled towards the end.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:04 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,993,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaIceman View Post
Jaypee, good points about the probable missed call on the Tancredi head stomp. I was a bit surprised at the delay call on the Canada goalie, but there's no telling how things would have turned out if the ref didn't make that call at that juncture. For instance, there was another play later on where Tancredi elbowed Wambach in the throat in the box and that wasn't called. That could certainly have been a second yellow and an ejection, and I have no doubt the US would have scored at least one if they were a man up on Canada.
I agree. It's six of one half a dozen of another. But, soccer karma is swift. The team that is suppose to win, does win. If the officiating was questionable, it made up for the dirty play of Tancredi. She, was a *****!

Old 08-07-2012, 02:10 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,993,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Thats BS thing to say, bad decisions went both ways. The Canadians crumbled towards the end.
Yes, and the Americans rose to the occasion! Never gave up. it would have been so easy after seeing your teammate have her head stomped on to punch that witch in the face!

Old 08-07-2012, 02:16 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,548,178 times
I hope Japan destroy the US in the final. We cant have America winning a football tournament. Thats just wrong.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:37 PM

9,788 posts, read 7,515,108 times
Canada got screwed in that game. The 6 second violation was a joke and the handball on the insuing free kick was even worse. Terrible to see a great game like that ruined due to an incompetant official.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:01 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,131,722 times
I can't believe that the international soccer babies whine as much as they do.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:27 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,666,312 times
The handball call was also a joke. If you watch it in slow motion both Canadians are turning away, not reaching for the ball. The ball is headed straight for their chests and it hits their arms. What are they supposed to do, cut off their arms?

Old 08-07-2012, 05:05 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,428,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
I hope Japan destroy the US in the final. We cant have America winning a football tournament. Thats just wrong.
They should just make Ireland the champions because of the best fans in the world. I'm sure Delaney has already put a request in.

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk

Old 08-07-2012, 05:35 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,173,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The handball call was also a joke. If you watch it in slow motion both Canadians are turning away, not reaching for the ball. The ball is headed straight for their chests and it hits their arms. What are they supposed to do, cut off their arms?

I disagree. The delay penalty was the more controversial call. The handball call is a close one and you can argue it either way.
Nault (Canadian defender on the play) raised her elbow to protect herself and that move cost her. Yes, she should've let the ball hit her chest .or kept her arms down at her side ... she was part of the wall in front of a free kick, what did she expect?

Here's another take on it: U.S.-Canada women's soccer: Strange calls, but maybe ref was right - latimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer