Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 01:06 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,444,854 times

Advertisements

Wow...this was truly sick.... At one point you can even hear "Konichiwa bit**es!". I stopped watching the game after this. NY/NJ sports fans are simply the worst. You would think an area that has seen unspeakable tragedy in the not so distant past would be a bit more respectful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCgER...layer_embedded
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 01:37 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,881,262 times
terrible stuff, doubt they few idiotic fans represent the general american soccer fan, you get idiots like that in most countries, they are worse than hooligans in my book, maybe hooligans cause a bit of aggro and rip up seats etc but these people are disrespecting thousands of deceased japanese people

Old 03-27-2011, 01:45 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,848,830 times
Unreal.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:04 PM

135 posts, read 249,076 times
One person.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Einstein View Post
One person.
Hundreds. Just listen! I've never heard a moment of silence where hundreds of people were talking and shouting through the entire thing.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:43 PM

14,337 posts, read 14,693,077 times
I can't even imagine, so rude, inconsiderate and unbelievable.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:36 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,573,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Hundreds. Just listen! I've never heard a moment of silence where hundreds of people were talking and shouting through the entire thing.

you musn't watch too much sports then b/c it unfortunely happens alot, disgusting as it is.

and if that was enough to make you literally stop watching the game I take it you're not a big sports fan, hence the reason you don't understand that this happens more than you realise.

in fact, b/c I do watch alot of soccer and have seen 4 different games where a moments silence for Japan occured I can tell you there was only 1 of the 5 games where it was completely silent, very nice indeed.

I'm not from NY/NJ , I'm from flyover country so I'm sick as anyone of everything being NY-centric in this country but to paint these fans as so different than others in the rest of the world is silly, as disgusting and immature their behavior was.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
you musn't watch too much sports then b/c it unfortunely happens alot, disgusting as it is.

and if that was enough to make you literally stop watching the game I take it you're not a big sports fan, hence the reason you don't understand that this happens more than you realise.

in fact, b/c I do watch alot of soccer and have seen 4 different games where a moments silence for Japan occured I can tell you there was only 1 of the 5 games where it was completely silent, very nice indeed.

I'm not from NY/NJ , I'm from flyover country so I'm sick as anyone of everything being NY-centric in this country but to paint these fans as so different than others in the rest of the world is silly, as disgusting and immature their behavior was.
It DOESN'T happen more than I realize, which is where you are wrong. Yeah, sure I've heard a few rude idiots at matches this year...but hundreds like that?? That was just uncalled for. Also, I've watched about every Super Rugby match this year which has had about 15 of these (initially for Christchurch then for the Japan victims) and not a a single peep from what I recall.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:50 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,452,854 times
Yeh it was alot. You always get somebody talking or being a complete too but that was lots of people. Shame on them but there is nothing you can do but observe it yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer