Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 AM

11 posts, read 11,612 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to the area in the next few months, specifically Barksdale AFB. I am in the process of researching and finding a great school for my daughter. She will be in Kindergarten this upcoming school year. I have read wonderful things about the public schools in Bossier Parish, specifically WT Lewis and Legacy, as well as the magnet schools in Caddo Parish, specifically Clairborne and Eden Gardens. Are the magnet schools better than the public schools? I really need to honest opinions so that I can make a decision on where we will be living. Thank you so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 01:18 PM

94 posts, read 220,371 times
The magnet schools in Caddo Parish are all much better than the public schools. Most, if not all, of the magnet schools received a grade of A last year, whereas, the best of the public schools, A.C. Steere, received a B. The majority of the public schools received D's or F's. Claiborne & Eden Gardens are great, but South Highlands is considered the best elementary school in the entire state.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:52 PM

974 posts, read 2,185,792 times
If you live in Bossier, you really should consider a Bossier school. Demographics are good and you won't have as many political issues to contend with as Caddo school board is going to shake things up in the coming months with the departure of their Superintendent Dawkins (his contract was voted not to be renewed) so he'll be gone by summer. There's simply no telling what fresh administrative messes will take place in the months ahead as the board is so devisive. At least in Bossier you won't need to wonder too much about direction the school board is going to take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City