Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 09:46 AM

777 posts, read 458,135 times

Advertisements

I had never ordered from Zulily before, but I have to say how very unhappy I am with their lack of transparency on anticipated delivery times.

Some items come directly from China as opposed to a US warehouse. These items can take a month or more to arrive. Customer service answer when I complained to them about the lack of transparency? Basically, well, it says it's imported.

No, sorry. If something says imported, I take that to mean not made in the USA, not that shipping may take a month or more to come from overseas and go through customs, etc.

I don't see a way to filter out "imported" items, so I won't be ordering from them in the future. Back to Amazon. At least if there are delays, they're maybe a day or two later than expected, not weeks on end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 10:18 AM

29,835 posts, read 34,793,257 times
I've ordered from zulily a few times. The longer shipping times can be annoying, but it says right on the item pages "typically ships in X days" with a link to more information:

Quote:
After you place your order, it can take a little time for vendors to ship items to zulily. The estimated ship-out date on each product page indicates when we expect the item to leave our warehouse on its way to you. This time frame is our expectation based on most of our orders. Most products ship from a zulily warehouse located in the US, and typically arrive 3-7 days after leaving our warehouse. However, if your product ships from an international location, it will typically arrive 9-13 days after it leaves the warehouse.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I've ordered from zulily a few times. The longer shipping times can be annoying, but it says right on the item pages "typically ships in X days" with a link to more information:

After you place your order, it can take a little time for vendors to ship items to zulily. The estimated ship-out date on each product page indicates when we expect the item to leave our warehouse on its way to you. This time frame is our expectation based on most of our orders. Most products ship from a zulily warehouse located in the US, and typically arrive 3-7 days after leaving our warehouse. However, if your product ships from an international location, it will typically arrive 9-13 days after it leaves the warehouse.
Let's see... I have one order from 6/3, didn't leave international warehouse until 6/11. I've been told it can sit in customs 7-14 days.... So I am unlikely to receive that order until at least three weeks after ordering.

Part of an order 5/29 allegedly shipped 6/6, no US shipping info because it is apparently still on it's way from China, again, can sit in customs 7-14 days, so it looks like I won't receive it until about a month after ordering.

A 5/28 order that didn't ship until today, which is supposed to arrive tomorrow... which makes it 18 days.

Nah... I won't be ordering from them again if I can help it, and certainly not if I want something reasonably quickly.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:32 PM

62,703 posts, read 88,845,019 times
Most everything shipped from Asia takes 4-6 weeks IF the item ever arrives. Many don't.
Before ordering anything "imported" I always check the website for reviews.
Those are reviews for Zulily:
https://zulily.pissedconsumer.com/review.html
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/zulily.html ... and many more.
Pretty much self explanatory.

You could check the resellers ratings on this website.
https://www.resellerratings.com/store/zulily/page/3

Many years ago, I ordered something from Asia, just once. It never arrived. But the most annoying thing was - even if you get in contact with their customer service, they will drag the order so far in time, that you are not able to cancel it, because they will say it's shipped already, and you can't dispute it with your credit card company, because it's usually too late for that. I tried to dispute that charge with Capital One and was timed out...

Last edited by elnina; 06-14-2018 at 01:44 PM..

Old 06-14-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Most everything shipped from Asia takes 4-6 weeks IF the item ever arrives. Many don't.
Before ordering anything "imported" I always check the website for reviews.
Those are reviews for Zulily:
https://zulily.pissedconsumer.com/review.html
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/zulily.html ... and many more.
Pretty much self explanatory.

You could check the resellers ratings on this website.
https://www.resellerratings.com/store/zulily/page/3

Many years ago, I ordered something from Asia, just once. It never arrived. But the most annoying thing was - even if you get in contact with their customer service, they will drag the order so far in time, that you are not able to cancel it, because they will say it's shipped already, and you can't dispute it with your credit card company, because it's usually too late for that. I tried to dispute that charge with Capital One and was timed out...
Live and learn.

I didn't expect these kind of delays on so many items because there's actually a Zulily warehouse about 30 miles from where I live, so I basically assumed stuff was going to be shipped from within the US.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:32 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,825,049 times
Amazon isn't transparent, either on the sale page. It doesn't say where the item is shipping from and you don't get the anticipated delivery date until you start the checkout process.

Unless you make sure it says "fulfilled by Amazon" you can get tricked. Has happened to me more than once and now I really pay attention.

I've only ordered from Zulily via Walmart.com and didn't have any problems. But, the Walmart.com website is very transparent about shipping times, etc., which is why I prefer it to Amazon. Plus, I often filter by being able to pick up in store - that will filter out the sellers with PITA return policies. I want to be able to return in store - that's the benefit to ordering from Walmart over the others. Basically, any store that allows in-store returns, is what I look for now.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:26 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,166,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
Live and learn.

I didn't expect these kind of delays on so many items because there's actually a Zulily warehouse about 30 miles from where I live, so I basically assumed stuff was going to be shipped from within the US.
When you purchase an item, it's not already stocked at their warehouse. They make a large purchase after the "event" has ended, and then your order is shipped to their warehouse. After that, they ship it to you. Obviously with that business model, they're not going to have the quick two say shipping that Amazon or Wal-Mart has. It takes a little more time.
Ordering
Why is my order still "processing"?
We search far and wide to find great deals! Getting the goods we find into your hands requires a few steps. When you order, the brand ships your item to us first, so we can inspect the quality.
https://www.zulily.com/faq#o1

Old 06-14-2018, 10:31 PM

12,269 posts, read 8,701,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
I had never ordered from Zulily before, but I have to say how very unhappy I am with their lack of transparency on anticipated delivery times.

Some items come directly from China as opposed to a US warehouse. These items can take a month or more to arrive. Customer service answer when I complained to them about the lack of transparency? Basically, well, it says it's imported.

No, sorry. If something says imported, I take that to mean not made in the USA, not that shipping may take a month or more to come from overseas and go through customs, etc.

I don't see a way to filter out "imported" items, so I won't be ordering from them in the future. Back to Amazon. At least if there are delays, they're maybe a day or two later than expected, not weeks on end.
Interesting to see this here. I finally received some jeggings from this site ordered from China. Information in my mail said it was in the local delivery office and would be delivered Wed. Wed. and Thursday passed. I called USPS which is also evasive and difficult to navigate. Their rep told me it wouldn't be delivered until Monday. When I asked about expediting delivery they sent me to Zulily which was an obvious failure to assist. I asked her what could Zulily in Ohio do to help me when my package was in MN and shouldn't the shipper be dealing with this? "No," said lazy Friday afternoon USPS worker.

I waited on the phone for Zulily to pick up for thirty minutes. They played me a cute tune which quickly became annoying. It actually suggested other things I could be doing other than waiting on the phone. But I'm retired and could easily afford the time to tuck the phone under my chin and do other things while I waited. The psychology of driving me off the phone was of obvious design.

The Zulily rep was very nice but not helpful and after a long discussion she sent me back to USPS. There I waited even longer and another worker told me it was on a truck and unavailable for me to pick up on my own. Both sites gave me different information about anticipated delivery than what had been sent to me.

Someone isn't taking responsibility and I suspect it's the manufacturer who tells Zulily that it's in process when it isn't in order to keep its relationship with them.

I don't know what's with USPS. They are just plain out to lunch.

Maybe I'm wrong and if anyone could have given me a logical explanation for all the discrepancies my judgement wouldn't be so harsh. I don't know how this web of mailing connections is supposed to function.

At any rate, it's my first time having dissatisfaction. I like the merchandise they carry and the prices. It's just that since they'd said it would come before the weekend I'd planned to wear it so I was impatient.

I'd suggest ordering in plenty of time if you have a deadline. And don't count on getting clear answers about the delivery process.

Old 06-17-2018, 04:22 AM

418 posts, read 464,660 times
This is helpful to read as I frequently see things I consider buying on zulilly but I have not done so yet. What gets me is that the shipping is not indicated at first and then when I decide to purchase, the free shipping is for a higher price than I am buying,,,,,,and the shipping fee kind of makes the great deal not be so wonderful.
Money saved.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:06 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,166,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salonva View Post
This is helpful to read as I frequently see things I consider buying on zulilly but I have not done so yet. What gets me is that the shipping is not indicated at first and then when I decide to purchase, the free shipping is for a higher price than I am buying,,,,,,and the shipping fee kind of makes the great deal not be so wonderful.
Money saved.
Zulily does not offer free shipping based on purchase price. They have a base shipping price of about $6, and then any other order you place during a certain time period (typically either 24 hours or all weekend) will then have free shipping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products