Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 03:24 PM

198 posts, read 388,074 times

Advertisements

Wal-Mart generally has a small handful of checkout lanes open. It makes me so angry to stand in line for 15 to 20 minutes, sometimes longer, when most of the checkouts are closed. I hate waiting in those long lines, and while I'm waiting you will see many of the workers just walking around.

And what about those express lanes? Why do the checkers not turn the customers away that have a full cart of merchandise. Yet I get stuck behind these rude customers and I have only a couple of things to buy. It happens just about every time. And when I do have a full cart, it NEVER crosses my mind to go through the express lanes. That is just rude. Then again, it makes me wonder why their express lanes are 25 items or less when most places it's like 10 or 15 items. The whole point is to get in and out, which is why I prefer Target.

Target usually has more checkout lanes open than Wal-Mart so the wait isn't as long. I can get in and out quicker. Not to mention, they enforce the 10 item limit in their express lanes. You just don't see customers with a full cart of merchandise going through their express lines like you do Wal-Mart.

I guess Wal-Mart doesn't care about you waiting in line, do they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 05:31 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
They get away with it because people like you will actually stand there and wait....

Just another reason why I will never shop at WalMart.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
They get away with it because people like you will actually stand there and wait....

Just another reason why I will never shop at WalMart.
I'd love to never have to shop at Wal-Mart, but it's the closest discount retailer to me next to Target and K-Mart so there are times I really DO need to go there and pick up something. I can't always get to Target like I'd like to.

As much as I love and prefer Target, they're a much farther drive for me.

There's STILL a lot of land to develop at Fountain Square so I keep hoping and praying they eventually put a Target there right acrss from the Wal-Mart. This way I'd NEVER have to go to the Wal-Mart.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:12 PM

578 posts, read 1,092,779 times
I can handle the lines. What I don't like is how disorganized they all seem. I don't know if they just have too much crammed into the store or what. They just seem unkempt and kinda dirty. Yuck

Old 05-31-2012, 07:33 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Not all walmarts are the same. Around here, if there are more than 3 in line, they call for other cashiers. I have never seen that anywhere except here in our wm store. It also depends on what time of day you shop. And the size of the walmart store. As far as other employees walking around, well, they can't all just run up and open a check out line. Talk to the manager, voice your complaint to someone who can actually do something about it.

We have the smallest walmart and it is in a small town. Standing in lines goes with the territory of living in a city.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:56 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,382,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Standing in lines goes with the territory of living in a city.
Except that every other major store, including Walmart's biggest rival, Target, seems to have a handle on fast checkouts. Walmart doesn't really have an excuse.

I still go to Walmart but always at off-peak times. Late at night, they are much less crowded.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post
I still go to Walmart but always at off-peak times. Late at night, they are much less crowded.
I've been doing the off-peak and late at night times more and more myself for the exact same reason you gave: less crowded. You get in and out a little quicker.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:57 AM

24,471 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Oh goodie, another Wal-Mart bashing thread. If you had done a search you could have added to a existing thread.

That said, me thinks you are living in the wrong suburb.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:09 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
When are you going to understand the Wmart doesn't care. Don't shop there, go elsewhere, they don't care at all. They are too big.

If you do shop there try to be alert to what you are being charged for and if you use coupons make sure all were accounted for. Watch for double charges even if you use a self express check out.

Secondly, check the dates on perishables. Wmart is notorious for leaving product passed it's end date.

Shop local instead, especially your farmers markets when available.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:26 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Wal-Mart generally has a small handful of checkout lanes open. It makes me so angry to stand in line for 15 to 20 minutes,.....
Here's something that always works and the employees hate. Go to one of the departments (Jewelry, Electronics, Etc....) and check out there. If the the employee starts to make noise, just start piling the goods on their counter. They WILL ring it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products