Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 09:37 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,667,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I am not sure what information you are looking for. Over all I would say I am 85% complete. no real debt and have plenty of bullets and beans to help survive SHTF for 10 people for a bit over a year. Plus heirloom seeds, medical supplies, firearms, training, a 65 kwh generator, tools and alot of extra gear. not to mention clothes, personal items, feminine products. the list goes on and on. needless to say I am bugging in instead of bugging out. I hope to move Montana or Idaho in the next couple of years if at all possible taking everything I have accumilated with me.

please remember for whatever you have, if you dont have the training on how to use it, then when SHTF it will be next to useless.
You must have started a long time ago. Bugging in sounds better to me. It looks way riskier planning to bug out, than staying put and having everything prepared at home. I'm thinking of writing an "if scenerio chart" just to broadly help me remember the first thing to do in each "if" situation, then do a little drill and try to find loopholes that need fixed. I actually rely greatly on the media (all sorts), seeing the trends and what's more possible to come.

A simple example, there's a huge winter storm heading for alaska/ euro economy in deep crap (where I'm visiting in january), and efforts to attack iran, and iran says they will create war on American streets if they were attacked... so this could greatly increase security in America.. so what does that mean for me wanting to fly in january?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 05:28 PM

16,828 posts, read 15,256,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
You must have started a long time ago. Bugging in sounds better to me. It looks way riskier planning to bug out, than staying put and having everything prepared at home. I'm thinking of writing an "if scenerio chart" just to broadly help me remember the first thing to do in each "if" situation, then do a little drill and try to find loopholes that need fixed. I actually rely greatly on the media (all sorts), seeing the trends and what's more possible to come.

A simple example, there's a huge winter storm heading for alaska/ euro economy in deep crap (where I'm visiting in january), and efforts to attack iran, and iran says they will create war on American streets if they were attacked... so this could greatly increase security in America.. so what does that mean for me wanting to fly in january?

I started over 12 years ago with my ex and I. even though we are not together anymore, she still stocks up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness