Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2008, 12:36 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,698,457 times

Advertisements

Seriously - let's just take everything kitchy and just tear it down and then leave what...a dirt lot?

Poor LeiLani Lanes - it was a wonderful bowling alley, better then Sunset Bowl. And now they both are gone. But LeiLani never even got built into a condo or apartment building like it was suppose to. They sold us on "It will bring more affordable housing and revitilize then neighborhood" BULL!

You tore down a WONDERFUL landmark and in it's wake left nothing.

Now you are going to get rid of Cyndy's Pancakes??? And turn it into a strip club?? Don't the cops have enough work around there trying to reduce prositution and drugs?? So let's bring in more reason to have the area fall to pieces! Great Idea!

My family LOVED Lei Lani Lanes - and we LOVE Cyndy's Pancakes, just the way it is! Stop removing the last shreds of kitchy-ness from the area okay??

Why don't you sell Beth's Cafe and turn it into a new Yoga Studio?

Local News | Strip club planned at North Seattle pancake house | Seattle Times Newspaper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 05:25 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,333,985 times
I couldn't have said it better myself. Seattle has a tendency to get rid of things that aren't "world class" and sophisticated...and it's been going on for far too long...A few years back they got rid of the Twin Teepees and the Hat N" Boots, to be replaced by nothing.
There used to be a lot of restaurants in Seattle that served decent, inexpensive food...Now, if you want pancakes the wheat has to be sustainably harvested and the maple syrup has to be extracted humanely, and a plate of them costs twenty dollars.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:59 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,829,266 times
The 74-year-old restaurant owner broke a hip three years ago and said she wants to retire.

It's like I mentioned in my "Seattle is really expensive and gettting more so" rant. Eventually, no one will want to make hamburgers, here. It just doesn't make economic sense. (Or as Ira500 said, unless they are made out of Kobe beef.)

In a shaky economy with massive amounts of real estate about to come onto the market, I don't think she made a bad decision. I wouldn't want to make pancakes at 74 with a bum hip.
Commercial Real Estate Industry Seeks U.S. Aid - washingtonpost.com

Old 12-23-2008, 09:58 AM

179 posts, read 621,498 times
That is like what they did on Capitol Hill on Pine. They tore down five (+?) businesses and replaced it with a wonderful gravel lot. Some of the most eccentric and best bars in Seattle were on that block. Such a crock. But if you need somewhere to park...

Old 12-23-2008, 12:50 PM

918 posts, read 1,696,773 times
I don't understand why you can't combine pancakes AND strippers in one establishment ...

Old 12-23-2008, 01:12 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,333,985 times
You can't combine strippers and pancakes in the same establishment because you just know the mayor would enact some ordinance prohibiting semi nude bodies within 500 feet of either batter products or syrup...for safety reasons.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:30 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,698,457 times
I see a lot of syrup issues

Old 12-23-2008, 04:40 PM

145 posts, read 645,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
You can't combine strippers and pancakes in the same establishment because you just know the mayor would enact some ordinance prohibiting semi nude bodies within 500 feet of either batter products or syrup...for safety reasons.

Yeah, strippers and syrup just don't go together... well, unless, okay, nevermind.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:27 PM

161 posts, read 559,979 times
I wish we could all get together and save Cyndys. I love that place and even know the history behind the name. We used to go there every Sunday. Before that we would go to The Pancake Haus which is now a Sleep country mattress place across from the now defunct Tony Romas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area