Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 03:58 PM

3 posts, read 6,620 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I currently live in the Redmond area and I'm sick of the roommate thing, that and I want to move closer to work. I'm trying to find an area that is "Safe" and somewhat clean / quiet while being close to bus lines and shopping / dining. Any info you guys can give would be great. So far I've heard that Alki Beach, Queen Anne, and Cap Hill are all good places to live "IF" you live in the right area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 05:22 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,356,333 times
There are a bunch of nice neighborhoods nearer to downtown.
In West Seattle, in addition to Alki, the Admiral District and the Alaska Junction are really nice.
East of downtown, consider Madison Park, Madrona, Mt. Baker, Leschi, Montlake, parts of the Central District, and parts of Capitol Hill.
North of downtown, Queen Anne, Fremont, Ballard, and Wallingford are nice, as is Ravenna and the Roosevelt district...
There are lots of neighborhoods that people like living in, it just depends on whether you're looking for a busier neighborhood with lots of activity/things to do or something quieter. All of this exists fairly close to downtown.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:50 PM

43 posts, read 116,886 times
I was pretty sold on living downtown and came up with a few places that I liked. I currently live at M Street apts on First Hill (8th and Madison) and really like the area. I also liked Harbor Steps apartments near Pike Place.

The two of these places are both a tad bit more expensive than the average place but sit respectively on the edge and middle of downtown.

A place that is close to buses and transportation and is in Belltown is called Elliot Bay Apts. It was a bit less pricey but very nice.

These were my top picks.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:10 PM

101 posts, read 297,958 times
Northgate. The traffice is bad but it's got good bus access, close to shopping and dining, new theatres opening up soon.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:19 PM

1,169 posts, read 5,270,708 times
My son lives in the Montlake neighborhood south of the UW and it's close to bus lines and pretty quiet. The Arboretum is just a block away and only the main roads have through traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: