Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 11:25 PM

22 posts, read 63,840 times

Advertisements

It's your favorite inquisitive Floridian again! Can anyone recommend some reputable staffing agencies for temp to perm or direct hire in the Seattle area, preferably servicing dowtown? Also specifically administrative placement, I have about 8 years of office administration/HR/Payroll exp.

As always, thanks!

Laura
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 11:35 PM

263 posts, read 1,079,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralk80 View Post
It's your favorite inquisitive Floridian again! Can anyone recommend some reputable staffing agencies for temp to perm or direct hire in the Seattle area, preferably servicing dowtown? Also specifically administrative placement, I have about 8 years of office administration/HR/Payroll exp.

As always, thanks!

Laura

I don't know, but to me it seems like Volt has all the jobs...

Old 12-09-2008, 10:20 AM

203 posts, read 720,632 times
TEKsystems, Robert Half, Volt, Star Technical, Adecco, LG Consulting, Averro, Siemens, are some that i know of. I don't know what they may have in your field, but there are some names to check on, i suppose.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:06 PM

358 posts, read 1,056,933 times
Smart Talent, Office Team, and Kelly Services are three other staffing agencies for all kinds of office-type work.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:16 PM

30 posts, read 100,558 times
I had good luck with Business Careers

Old 12-10-2008, 09:59 PM

22 posts, read 63,840 times
Default Thanks

Thanks for the tips, I'll try those...I seem to be getting snubbed for having an Orlando address, Adams & Associates sent me a rejection email for a receptionist job I believe it was....which I am overqualified for- unless receptonists in Seattle do something entirely different than receptionists in FLA?? haha.

Act-1 has been very helpful, but I realize I am going to have to "hit the pavement" once I am there, getting placed in an admin job when you are 3000 miles aways is just not realistic I suppose.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:39 AM

161 posts, read 560,116 times
Please avoid Business Careers. Myself and many people have given them bad reviews through yelp.com ( read them )

Old 12-16-2008, 02:46 AM

40 posts, read 124,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralk80 View Post
Thanks for the tips, I'll try those...I seem to be getting snubbed for having an Orlando address, Adams & Associates sent me a rejection email for a receptionist job I believe it was....which I am overqualified for- unless receptonists in Seattle do something entirely different than receptionists in FLA?? haha.

Act-1 has been very helpful, but I realize I am going to have to "hit the pavement" once I am there, getting placed in an admin job when you are 3000 miles aways is just not realistic I suppose.
I know what you're talking about, Laura. I live in Portland, only 2.5-3 hrs away from Seattle. I want to relocate to SEA also, and am seeking an Executive Assistant position. I have 15 years experience and a good resume. Yet it has been extremely difficult to get much response with a non-local address or phone number - even though I can drive up for an interview within a few hours. For some reason, the recruiters just don't seem to want to talk to out-of-state applicants, regardless of how qualified you are. You are in an even tougher situation being too far away to interview in person on short notice. Good luck!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:15 PM

263 posts, read 1,079,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeblossom View Post
Please avoid Business Careers. Myself and many people have given them bad reviews through yelp.com ( read them )

I second that. My experience was that they just put out fake jobs ads and try to accumulate a list of clients (job candidates...theya re salesmen essentailly). They want you to interview, etc, and if they find a job or when one comes up, then you will be considered. As far as I know that's how they work, at least from my experience. Of course I can't be 110% certain, but i think campuspoint does the same trickery.....

Of course some people will tell you all staffing agencies do this....

Old 12-17-2008, 10:47 AM

63 posts, read 237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWkat View Post
I know what you're talking about, Laura. I live in Portland, only 2.5-3 hrs away from Seattle. I want to relocate to SEA also, and am seeking an Executive Assistant position. I have 15 years experience and a good resume. Yet it has been extremely difficult to get much response with a non-local address or phone number - even though I can drive up for an interview within a few hours. For some reason, the recruiters just don't seem to want to talk to out-of-state applicants, regardless of how qualified you are. You are in an even tougher situation being too far away to interview in person on short notice. Good luck!
If you are serious about getting a job in Seattle, I would suggest opening a mailbox at a place like Mailboxes Etc where you have a physical address, and even getting a local cell phone. Small investments if you are committed to relocating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: