Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Visiting Seattle, wondering about Seattle airport hotels, booking, hostels, apartments, condos - within walking distance of fun places

Old 12-01-2008, 01:47 PM

15 posts, read 75,786 times

Advertisements

so I will be visiting in March......I've been searching review sites on which hotels would be considerable. I've also looked thru..... or maybe skimmed....these posts to see, but have not found anything that I'm looking for. So, if someone may help I'd deffinately appreciate it:
-Budget Hotels
-In the mix of things *No car*(shopping, nitelife (for both lifestyles), neighborhoods (I will be checking out spots for potential apts)

So far, I have come across MarQueen, and Hotel Max.....Really, I am looking for 150 and under. I will be visiting from Hawaii and we have these things called Kamaina discounts......so I'm really not to thrilled to have to spend more than 100/a night! HAHA It's a price I shall pay.

Basiclly that's all. I don't have an iteniary for when I get there........All I know is the Space Needle, Pike's Market Place.

Appreicate in advance the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 02:11 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,099,050 times
A superb source of info is TripAdvisor. Real travelers report their real experiences, and the software ranks each hotel according to the reporters' ratings -- the further down the list you go, the less expensive the hotel probably is but the less anyone liked staying there. Prices included. Address appears on each hotel's page.
This page will open on Seattle hotels:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g6...on-Hotels.html

P.S. What's a "vacay"?

Old 12-01-2008, 02:28 PM

Thanks! Actually, that's the review site i frequent! HAHA I came across THE MOORE HOTEL......ever heard? Seems like the one I'm looking for, Budget, in the mix of things I'm guessing......2nd ave and Victoria??? I wanna be able to walk, or bus is to shopping........walk/stumble from clubs.....haha im 22! Wanna experience the nitelife. Is that a wise choice?

VACAY.....Vacation.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:37 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,697,727 times
Inn at Queen Anne

And if you know how to be sneaky on Hotwire - I've gotten this place for $65 a night before

Inn At Queen Anne

Old 12-01-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiboy View Post
THE MOORE HOTEL.. in the mix of things I'm guessing......2nd ave and Victoria
2nd and VIRGINIA. There's no "Victoria" street or avenue in Seattle (that's Canadian and English)...

Yes, you're absolutely right -- 2nd and Virginia is pretty much within walking distance of just about everything you can think of. Also, there are several bus routes on 2nd, more on 3rd, that can take you wherever you want to go.

Also, CityGirl has a great idea. The Inn at Queen Anne is a bit farther away -- short bus ride to "everything", but the Queen Anne neighborhood is a very popular residential/apartment neighborhood, especially with younger unmarrieds.

And since you and I both use TripAdvisor, we are both extremely elegant and knowledgeable, aren't we?

Old 12-02-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
2nd and VIRGINIA. There's no "Victoria" street or avenue in Seattle (that's Canadian and English)...

Yes, you're absolutely right -- 2nd and Virginia is pretty much within walking distance of just about everything you can think of. Also, there are several bus routes on 2nd, more on 3rd, that can take you wherever you want to go.

Also, CityGirl has a great idea. The Inn at Queen Anne is a bit farther away -- short bus ride to "everything", but the Queen Anne neighborhood is a very popular residential/apartment neighborhood, especially with younger unmarrieds.

And since you and I both use TripAdvisor, we are both extremely elegant and knowledgeable, aren't we?

Yup! Haha Savy surfers. And thanks CityGirl. I took a look at the place, looks like something i could do. The only thing is, is the transportation good? Like how Portland has the max with free fare within certain limits........Does Seattle have something along those lines. I only read about buses. I'd like to be close to downtown, but I know the hotels there aren't really for the "budget" kind. Queen Anne would be awesome for scouting potential apts.....I also wanna check out Capitol Hill area, but a friend might be coming along, she's carefree, but I don't want her to have to be thrown into all of this especially since it's her get away too.

Basicly, would it be wise to just be in the immediate downtown area, pay alittle extra, walk to everything..........or stay outside, pay less, and use transportation. I've never been to seattle, Is the distance not even that much to foot it??

Old 12-02-2008, 02:14 PM

"Footing it" from Queen Anne to mid-downtown is a trek. Taking the bus would be 10 minutes to mid-downtown. Every day you can buy an "all-day pass" (one pass for one person) from any bus driver, and then take eighty million bus rides in the course of that 24 hours all for that one price. Then next day, new all-day pass. Let the professionals do the driving while you sightsee and think.

The Seattle bus system -- called Metro -- beats Portland's system which I like: there's just more of it in Seattle because there's more population and a lot more geography to service.

Getting to Capitol Hill from Queen Anne would be a bus to downtown, then a different bus up to Capitol Hill. IF YOU DON'T BUY AN ALL-DAY PASS, when you board the first bus, ask for a "transfer" that will get you onto the next bus for free. The transfer is good for approximately 3 hours and can be used to transfer willy-nilly to any Metro bus going in any direction. After the time indicated on the transfer, you have to start paying fare again.

Seattle does have a "ride-free zone", within downtown Seattle. The hotel you mentioned first, at 2nd & Virginia, is within the ride-free zone; Queen Anne is not. Capitol Hill is not. Here are all Metro's maps:
Neighborhood pages (http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/neighborhoods/region_text.html - broken link)
Here is Metro's downtown Seattle map, showing the ride-free zone. Also makes a killer tourist map:
http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/area_images/CBDSeattlemap_0908.pdf (broken link)

Based on what I know about Seattle, vacationing, researching, and having fun, I'd prefer to stay in downtown and have endless choices. But I like convenience and not having to work very hard

Last edited by allforcats; 12-02-2008 at 02:29 PM..

Old 12-03-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
"Footing it" from Queen Anne to mid-downtown is a trek. Taking the bus would be 10 minutes to mid-downtown. Every day you can buy an "all-day pass" (one pass for one person) from any bus driver, and then take eighty million bus rides in the course of that 24 hours all for that one price. Then next day, new all-day pass. Let the professionals do the driving while you sightsee and think.

The Seattle bus system -- called Metro -- beats Portland's system which I like: there's just more of it in Seattle because there's more population and a lot more geography to service.

Getting to Capitol Hill from Queen Anne would be a bus to downtown, then a different bus up to Capitol Hill. IF YOU DON'T BUY AN ALL-DAY PASS, when you board the first bus, ask for a "transfer" that will get you onto the next bus for free. The transfer is good for approximately 3 hours and can be used to transfer willy-nilly to any Metro bus going in any direction. After the time indicated on the transfer, you have to start paying fare again.

Seattle does have a "ride-free zone", within downtown Seattle. The hotel you mentioned first, at 2nd & Virginia, is within the ride-free zone; Queen Anne is not. Capitol Hill is not. Here are all Metro's maps:
Neighborhood pages (http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/neighborhoods/region_text.html - broken link)
Here is Metro's downtown Seattle map, showing the ride-free zone. Also makes a killer tourist map:
http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/area_images/CBDSeattlemap_0908.pdf (broken link)

Based on what I know about Seattle, vacationing, researching, and having fun, I'd prefer to stay in downtown and have endless choices. But I like convenience and not having to work very hard
Thanks a whole bunch!!! The info is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: