Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 07:07 AM

12 posts, read 37,150 times

Advertisements

so i've made up my mind to move to seattle. right now i live in corpus christi tx and i will be going to seattle around the first or second week of sept. so i was wondering a couple things, what are the safe and unsafe neighborhoods, what areas around seattle or a couples miles outside of seattle are good to find a not so expensive place (i've been checking apartments online and in order to get an efficency apt. in what seems to be a decent building youre looking at paying like 900 a month as opposed to here to get an efficency right on the water at the beach your looking at about 600 a month.) also i've been looking to get a job set up before i go up there and have been having a little trouble but hopefully it'll all work out, thanks. ooh one last thing whats gas price up there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 10:00 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
As of last night, gas in Renton WA, just south of Seattle was 4.04 a gallon.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:21 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,098,015 times
There aren't many areas around here that would be considered "unsafe". A few that are a bit seedy, but nothing that's actually dangerous. If you could be more specific about what you want -- do you have small children, for example?; do you want lots of nightlife nearby? -- maybe we can make suggestions.

We usually advise people to live near where they work since commuting here can be crowded, slow, and take a long time out of every day. So -- here are a few resources.

Seattle City Clerk's map of neighborhoods -- to find out where the neighborhoods are in relation to where you will work:
Seattle City Clerk's Neighborhood Map Atlas

Jobs: the combined classifieds of the two leading newspapers in and around the Seattle area:
Seattle area jobs, employment advice and information | NWjobs

Rentals:
The combined classifieds; click on the little map to drill down to smaller and smaller areas:
NWapartments: Seattle apartment rentals, house rental listings, rental classifieds and other property rentals in Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue and other Washington areas, cities and neighborhoods
The Seattle Weekly:
Seattle Classifieds
Craigslist:
craigslist: seattle-tacoma classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

Old 08-03-2008, 01:23 PM

12 posts, read 37,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
There aren't many areas around here that would be considered "unsafe". A few that are a bit seedy, but nothing that's actually dangerous. If you could be more specific about what you want -- do you have small children, for example?; do you want lots of nightlife nearby? -- maybe we can make suggestions.
it'll be just me a small dog (chiguagua) and a leopard gecko. i play music and do alot of art. i really want a place where i can go out at night and walk my dog and feel safe. but i guess living near an art scene would be pretty cool, as for apartments i can do just fine in an efficiency and i'm not too loud of a neighbor XD.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:56 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
Georgetown is an area of Seattle which has cheap apartments, lots of artists, and a place where walking a gecko wouldn't even get a second glance.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:07 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,098,015 times
Or playing music while walking a leopard, either. Good suggestion, Ira500!!

Old 08-04-2008, 05:04 PM

22 posts, read 151,341 times
I hear those chiguaguas are trouble though!

Old 03-10-2014, 03:11 AM

2 posts, read 4,469 times
North Beacon Hill would be a good place to check out, as well as Georgetown as someone else already suggested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area