Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 10:15 AM

512 posts, read 504,651 times

Advertisements

That Target is always out of stuff and looking crappy- I don't know why. It's been that way for at least 10 years. I have good luck at the downtown one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 10:48 AM
fnh

2,886 posts, read 3,937,648 times
I have never encountered this problem, in either NE Seattle or the Central District. I shop regular grocery stores, though - Whole Foods, several QFCs, Red Apples, the co-ops. Target isn't on my list of usual shopping places, and I certainly wouldn't go there for groceries.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:48 AM

2,153 posts, read 2,950,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, are you talking about the QFC over near 15th NE and N'gate Way? That used to serve a smaller area, the family-oriented area around there, and Victory Heights/south Pinehurst. When the store in the mall closed, all the people living north of the mall, which is a very population-dense area, due to all the apartment buildings, flooded over to the other store. That's probably the problem. I think there's enough population north of the mall to justify having a store there.
Yes thats the store im talking about.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Agree with Rotse, Whole Foods (and PCC) never seem to be out of stock. I actually think that this has something to do with it. As consumers more and more gravitate to "healthy food" settings, traditional old school grocery stores are looking a little rough around the edges and probably struggling. Perhaps this is part of what you are seeing.

The Fred Meyer that I go to near 85th and Greenwood seems very well stocked too. Trader Joe's are very good options too, never at a loss for product selection. Any chance you can stop by a Costco? They are great and have plenty of what you need.
That greenwood Fred Meyer is well stocked and well managed. I sometimes take an uber or lyft to the greenwood fred meyer to shop.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:59 AM

102,455 posts, read 108,880,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
That greenwood Fred Meyer is well stocked and well managed. I sometimes take an uber or lyft to the greenwood fred meyer to shop.
How sad. Fred Meyer used to own QFC, and it (QFC) was a booming business back then. It was when Kroger bought it from Fred Meyer that the chain started going downhill, and some of the stores became more like a neglected Safeway.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
How sad. Fred Meyer used to own QFC, and it (QFC) was a booming business back then. It was when Kroger bought it from Fred Meyer that the chain started going downhill, and some of the stores became more like a neglected Safeway.
The qfc northgate has a large product selection and assortment as long as you hit it right when they have stuff instock. The wedgewood little qfc is a joke as they are a tiny tiny store with no selection or product assortment.

The northgate qfc was recently renovated and now has a fresh instore sushi and a murrays cheese shop.

Why did qfc at northgate mall close down??

Old 10-25-2017, 01:03 PM

Fred meyer and qfc sell boars head deli meats at the service deli which is my favorite.

Old 10-25-2017, 01:11 PM

102,455 posts, read 108,880,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
The qfc northgate has a large product selection and assortment as long as you hit it right when they have stuff instock. The wedgewood little qfc is a joke as they are a tiny tiny store with no selection or product assortment.

The northgate qfc was recently renovated and now has a fresh instore sushi and a murrays cheese shop.

Why did qfc at northgate mall close down??
They closed it after they bought the property where the other one is, and created a fabulous store and picnic area there. Yeah, those corner concessions were a brilliant idea, and really drew people in. There used to be a Cinnabon in the corner by the entry, that blew cinnamon fumes out into the parking lot, lol. People would come to socialize over coffee and cinnamon rolls, that's how the store drew in new customers.

So anyway, after making that big investment, I guess they decided it would be smart to close the much smaller store at the mall. That was just before the Northgate commercial area went through some sudden development, and the area north of there saw more apartment buildings sprouting up. There was no Target there, across from the mall, when they closed the mall QFC. So QFC management hadn't anticipated a sudden business and population boom in that area. Probably some of the mall store's customers were going to the big brand-new store and its cinnamon rolls and fresh bagels, etc., so the mall store was losing customers.

Old 10-25-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
They closed it after they bought the property where the other one is, and created a fabulous store and picnic area there. Yeah, those corner concessions were a brilliant idea, and really drew people in. There used to be a Cinnabon in the corner by the entry, that blew cinnamon fumes out into the parking lot, lol. People would come to socialize over coffee and cinnamon rolls, that's how the store drew in new customers.

So anyway, after making that big investment, I guess they decided it would be smart to close the much smaller store at the mall. That was just before the Northgate commercial area went through some sudden development, and the area north of there saw more apartment buildings sprouting up. There was no Target there, across from the mall, when they closed the mall QFC. So QFC management hadn't anticipated a sudden business and population boom in that area. Probably some of the mall store's customers were going to the big brand-new store and its cinnamon rolls and fresh bagels, etc., so the mall store was losing customers.
If Sprouts,pcc or trader joes opened in the northgate mall they would do very well now.

Old 10-25-2017, 01:25 PM

Im just curious as to when the qfc on Rosevelt and Northgate way opened? And what year the northagte mall qfc closed down??

If you like Cinnabon there is still one in the northgate mall foodcourt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area