Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 10:11 AM

25 posts, read 22,781 times

Advertisements

We recently moved to Seattle from Boston. My son is very interested in acting and would like to sign with an agency in Seattle. We have no background and little experience in the field and would appreciate any info on casting and talent agencies in Seattle.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 10:23 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,746,064 times
We knew a dermatologist who had a son that wanted to get into acting. They flew him to LA for auditions, he's been in some sitcoms and they've since moved to LA.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:03 AM

102,251 posts, read 108,166,150 times
City residents used to be able to get into films being shot locally by signing up as extras, but I think that's changed in the last decade or two. I don't think they take local extras anymore. Something relating to union rules, or something...? OP, your son should probably join a local theater group, and start with local performances, and see how he does. Or has he already done that, where you're from? Does he have positive reviews? If so, LA may be the next step.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:22 PM

Hi Ruth4Truth,

He is just starting. We moved from Boston last month. He auditioned once there with Boston Casting and got the part for a big video game trailer.... Not sure if it means much or if it was just a fluke but he loved it and wants to do more. Since we have never had anything to do with that industry, we are both engineers which is about as far away from the movie / acting industry as you can get, I thought I would ask here!

Old 07-15-2016, 01:37 PM

102,251 posts, read 108,166,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aislingdeas View Post
Hi Ruth4Truth,

He is just starting. We moved from Boston last month. He auditioned once there with Boston Casting and got the part for a big video game trailer.... Not sure if it means much or if it was just a fluke but he loved it and wants to do more. Since we have never had anything to do with that industry, we are both engineers which is about as far away from the movie / acting industry as you can get, I thought I would ask here!
That sounds encouraging. You two can look around for amateur theater groups or drama workshops, or something. Once he gets into one of those circles, he'll have access to more information about the industry.

Old 07-15-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That sounds encouraging. You two can look around for amateur theater groups or drama workshops, or something. Once he gets into one of those circles, he'll have access to more information about the industry.
Good advice, thank you!!

Old 07-15-2016, 07:25 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,383,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aislingdeas View Post
Hi Ruth4Truth,

Did your son have an agent in Boston, in order to get the video game part? If so, I would say to call the agent and ask if they have a rec for the Seattle area. If not, then check out SAG - Screen Actors Guild - Young Performers Guide online at the SAG website and also on the SAG website look at the list of agencies that are in/close to the Seattle area.

Have fun!! The only way it really works is if your child REALLY wants to do it. It is a job and parents have to keep a very close eye on the many people and moving parts that are a part of the industry.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:53 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,915,159 times
Be very cautious of talent scouts advertising on radio. This has been going on for decades in the Seattle market, (and likely others), and all they are trying to do is get a "fee" to be considered as a "finalist". Guess what? The fee is gone, and the finalist was never there to begin with. Just be forewarned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area