Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 03:41 PM

27 posts, read 120,845 times

Advertisements

I asked my husband for details on his commute... here's his reply:

There is no MS Connector bus yet, but they have been planning an expansion and Duvall residents have been petitioning them to add Duvall. There are metro busses if you are an early bird (like 6:20am)
At rush hour the trip will be 25-30 minutes to downtown Duvall. Off peak it is about 20 minutes.
Nearly all of the traffic mess is at the 520/Union Hill/Avondale intersection, so you’ll hit it regardless of whether you are living in Duvall, Redmond Ridge, Education Hill, Cottage Lake, Sammammish, or anywhere else east of Microsoft.

Traffic is worst between 7-9 and 5-6:30, so you might adjust working hours to reduce the commute times.
4-5 days a year some of the bridges will close due to flooding and traffic gets much worse, but there are several alternate ways to go.

Be sure to join the “Duvall MS Employees” DL when your husband starts at Microsoft, it’s super useful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 12:30 AM

56 posts, read 238,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
Duvall: Meth Epicenter
That is just wrong!!

Old 02-06-2008, 01:46 PM

212 posts, read 1,076,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
Duvall: Meth Epicenter
What??

I lived in Redmond from 79-99 and in Duvall from 99-07 and never ever heard of any issues with meth. Meth is south - Renton, Puyallup, Tacoma, etc.

Duvall is cow epicenter or antiques epicenter or Microsoft employees with children epicenter...

Duvall is excellent for a young family. We bought our first house in Duvall and just moved after our 3rd child was born. I only wish the city was more connected with walking trails, bike paths, etc.

Duvall is the best value in housing on the eastside and the prices have actually come down since we moved.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:31 AM

9 posts, read 26,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWChris View Post

My husband works at MS and he has like 3-4 different routes he takes, depending on time of day and if there's flooding or whatnot.
This isn't exactly confidence inspiring!

I would recommend looking in Woodinville over Duvall. You won't need to worry about flooding, the commute is much shorter (there's absolutely no way you can get from downtown Duvall to MS in 25-30 minutes at peak traffic times... sorry people - nice try), and prices aren't too much higher than Duvall in some areas of Woodinville. Look in the 98072 zip code, rather than in downtown Woodinville and you'll find areas more like what you're seeing in Duvall - larger lots and similar prices.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:18 PM

7 posts, read 23,419 times
How about the commute from Carnation (Lake Marcel/Stillwater more specifically) to Millennium on Union Hill? The map says I will need to take Novelty Hill, is that a bad route to take?

Old 04-28-2008, 05:30 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,054,063 times
I believe that Novelty Hill would be the shortest, most direct route. Traffic on Novelty can be bad during normal commute hours. There few other options...

Old 04-28-2008, 05:33 PM

7 posts, read 23,419 times
How is Carnation for living? How are the houses there?

Old 04-29-2008, 02:37 AM

33 posts, read 113,282 times
I live in Brier but my daughter and husband both took dance classes in Duvall for ten years.the trip from MS to duvall at 6 oclock sucked.. no way around it... but the routes to anywhere from MS suck at 6 oclock.. which is why most MS er's work later. Basicly driving aorund MS will get you stuck in traffic.. I work in redmond.. It's what you gotta deal with to work there.
We actually quit dance this year but not because of traffic... Joe took a job in Seattle and my teen wanted to quit.. Last year was the worst cause they were flooded in. no roads were open in or out.. its a way of life issue up here. liek some places snow more than others duvall floods.
I personally would choose Duvall over carnation. Its just nicer. and Duvall is awesome. I have lots of friends there and the people are just lovely. The safeway is super friendly and there is a good mexican resteraunt in town. The police force is great . and I do not know anyone on meth.
when I moved to the area I had two houses to choose from .. one in Duvall and one in Brier.. I chose the Brier one to be closer to Seattle.
I can't think of a better place for the kids.You'll enjoy no matter what the commute is...

Old 05-05-2008, 03:34 PM

69 posts, read 246,571 times
I think the new MS connector map is out and it connects Duvall ...

Old 01-07-2009, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,926 times
Hi everyone,We are a young couple staying right now in Redmond.My husband works in MS,close-by here.We were looking for homes with beautiful yards n all and that was when we saw this lovely home in Duvall.But we heard a lot of negative reviews like traffic problem,floods etc and many advised not to take it.Are there anyone who works in MS and stays in Duvall?
We would love to know about the place,the negatives like traffic and flood and about the downtown n all.Is Duvall town as good as Bellevue?How is the Public transit?IS there a MS connector frequently?What is your opinion about taking a home there?
We are eagerly waiting for your comments..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area