Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 01:47 PM

366 posts, read 648,443 times

Advertisements

What type of men are you into? If your looking for trendy, well dressed, fit you won't find many here.

If your looking for sloppy, addicted to some sort of drugs, white males you'll find plenty.

If your looking to date interacially, you'll be disappointed, unless you go out seeking it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 02:39 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,651,226 times
I'm a 24 year old man who isn't nerdy, shy, or a hipster and I'm planning on moving to Seattle with my buddy who's similar in a few months. So unless were gunna be the only 2 of our kind there, we exist in Seattle.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:58 PM

413 posts, read 793,069 times
I moved to Seattle in May 2006 and met the woman I married in summer of 2007. I don't know whether this is typical. I do know that threads about dating in Seattle are far more full of complaints than success stories. I suspect this is because people that were successful and/or are happily married have better things to do. That's just something to keep in mind regarding threads like this one.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:08 PM

102,453 posts, read 108,880,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bowen View Post
I moved to Seattle in May 2006 and met the woman I married in summer of 2007. I don't know whether this is typical. I do know that threads about dating in Seattle are far more full of complaints than success stories. I suspect this is because people that were successful and/or are happily married have better things to do. That's just something to keep in mind regarding threads like this one.
I always say that men who are outgoing and friendly will clean up in Seattle. Won't have any trouble finding a partner, because it's so unusual for women to be approached, that the friendly guys will have almost no competition. Congrats on your success!

Old 03-02-2014, 11:18 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,657,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I always say that men who are outgoing and friendly will clean up in Seattle. Won't have any trouble finding a partner, because it's so unusual for women to be approached, that the friendly guys will have almost no competition. Congrats on your success!
Yea but you have to work very hard to meet woman in Seattle you got to get past the cold shoulder and aloofness most woman have in this state. I say if your a guy in Seattle and want a GF you have to put at least 10 to 15 hours a week to go out and meet woman. Also you have to keep busy with different activity's so you can meet woman. Next you got to break down the woman's defensive wall she puts up.

I am speaking as a guy with a non existent social circle you have to work x2 as hard to get dates.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:40 AM

12 posts, read 21,788 times
It's definitely a second job in Seattle. Living there two years ago I was punching the clock weekly. Monday-Thursday were extremely dry and if it rains forget it.

Women have the advantage number wise due to the IT mess. But that's assuming these guys know how to meet and interact with people in general. There was a saying that 20 percent of the men get like 80 percent of the women.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:47 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,697,531 times
The marriage rate here isn't that low, so people are meeting and marrying despite that these threads seem to suggest that no one is able to date anyone else.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:45 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,889,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Yea but you have to work very hard to meet woman in Seattle you got to get past the cold shoulder and aloofness most woman have in this state. I say if your a guy in Seattle and want a GF you have to put at least 10 to 15 hours a week to go out and meet woman. Also you have to keep busy with different activity's so you can meet woman. Next you got to break down the woman's defensive wall she puts up.

I am speaking as a guy with a non existent social circle you have to work x2 as hard to get dates.
You have to circulate to meet women anywhere you live, that's just a given. And talk to women when you're out, even if you're just going to the store. I didn't run into any defensive walls, man. Women in Seattle seemed happy for the attention. They said dudes never talk to them. One thing I noticed is that when they do talk to women, Seattle dudes are unbelievably clueless. I've been in group activities where almost every time they opened their mouths, the dudes said something that was a put-down of women, but they had no clue. They just didn't know how to talk to women. It was sad. Strange, in fact. Like they had no socialization, no experience with women at all, like they were born and raised on another planet.

So don't let that happen to you. Be mellow with women, don't be a chump, and they won't put up a wall.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:53 PM

31,034 posts, read 19,620,981 times
There's a very large nerd population that makes $100K plus but also a lot of artsy types looking to party as well as large gay community.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:55 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,344,406 times
I am a female in my 20s from the Midwest (not Colorado, but I am familiar with the social scene out there). You can click through the old posts I've made on this site to get my testimonies. But of course, it's only my experience and personal perception. Other women might tell you otherwise, so take it with a grain of salt.

There are non-nerdy, non-socially awkward men in this city. But it's hard to meet them if you have don't have an existing social network here and they are definitely outnumbered by nerdy types who work in the tech industry and hipsters in skinny jeans. If you're looking for the all-American jock types that you see a lot in Boulder and Denver, that's asking for a lot in Seattle. They exist yes, but most of them are already taken and they aren't very common. You can try snowboarding interest groups, but one of my female friends did that and said everyone was mostly 40+.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area