Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2013, 10:43 AM

458 posts, read 964,480 times

Advertisements

I went into Best Buy and while they were nice, I found their knowledge limited on DSLRs. Amazon has everything but it doesn't have someone I can talk to and explain how I want to use the camera. I want to be able to hold it in my hand and be helped by someone who really knows their stuff. I need help deciding what to buy and want to be steered in the right direction by someone I can trust!

So my question is, are there any great camera stores left in the Seattle area with a deep selection, competitive pricing and most important, knowledgeable staff?

Thanks!!

Last edited by beautifulseattlehomes; 12-17-2013 at 11:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 11:45 AM

122 posts, read 203,851 times
Glazer's. Welcome | Glazer's Camera

Old 12-17-2013, 12:28 PM

6,032 posts, read 6,221,207 times
There are several I visit. They may not be the only two in the area, but going with what I know.

Oh: I have nothing against Best Buy, they're a dying/obsolete business model on life support and when I'm looking for specific items they are my first stop. I never assume they actually know anything about what they sell, however.

In Kenmore: Kenmore Camera.

My favorite, though I'm not a frequent customer: I've bought a few lenses, monopod, and other odds and ends there past couple years. They have a tolerable selection of used stuff, too, that changes frequently. Any shop that is slightly stuffy and staffed by aficionados is OK with me.

In Seattle:

Glazers, as another person mentioned. They too know of what they speak, and then some. I believe this place is the holy grail of camera stores in Seattle. If I were more of a hard-core hobbyist, I'd hang out there more often. Website says they do rentals, too, which I will leverage one of these days.

Tall's, at the Malls (several malls. Hey, it rhymes!)

Bought a Nikon D7000 body from these guys, early 2011, because they had want I wanted at a fair price. Also bought a case for my little Canon pocket cam there. Sales was a bit too slick, but they did know what they were talking about and the whole "clean and well-lit" thing is well-covered.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:03 PM

1,630 posts, read 3,904,878 times
Glazers - definitely!!

Old 12-20-2013, 01:59 PM

458 posts, read 964,480 times
Thanks everyone! Glazers was the place...incredibly knowledgeable and had everything I wanted! Excited to start taking some beautiful photos this holiday season!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area