Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 07:33 PM

8 posts, read 9,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
Hi Lindsay. I'm hoping you won't run into any problems with your dog but I'm thinking that you may find it difficult to line up a studio apartment in the areas you mention in that price range that will allow large dogs. Some places that small will allow cats and/or small lap dogs but if your dog grows much more than its current 20 lbs., I'm wondering if that may narrow your choices a bit.

And as you've probably heard before, some think they'll be okay with rain especially coming from warmer climates but you have to remember that western Washington has a "cold" rain that makes it uncomfortable for some to tolerate. Sure, the summers are great but "real" summer only lasts a short time. So just as San Antonio having long summers with 90º+ with 75% humidity, Seattle has long winters with drizzly overcast and 35-45º. Both have the tendency to get old after awhile. I spent over 50 winters in Seattle and am glad now to spend the winters in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and Nevada and come back up to Washington for the short summer.

But, I'm not trying to discourage you at all from moving to Seattle. It does sound like you'd fit in perfectly. Best of luck with your plans to move!

Hi poopskooper lol,
You are absolutely right on the studio apartment!! I have done some research and find that it does narrow things down. I mentioned those areas since they were suggested by former and current Seattle residents, and I definitely know i'll have my work cut out for me finding a place in that area with that rent. It'll all come down to where I get a job, and what it pays! Its all hopeful wishing til that point!

I have definitely heard about the cold rain, and while I don't think I'll be bothered, I guess I wont know til I get there! I'm kinda at the point in life where I want to try something new and different, It sounds like a decent fit, and worst case, I wont like it and Ill move back or elsewhere! Never know til ya try right!?

Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: