Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 07:39 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,519,418 times

Advertisements

Wondering what the fan base thinks of their team's chances. I adopted the Hawks because of Wilson and Lynch. And, wow, I've been really impressed. Nothing I'd like better than to see them plow through all those other teams and bring a championship to my favorite city. I know they beat the Chi Bears, but this just isn't a year for t hem (witness the firing of Lovie Smith). Seems like the Hawks need the 12th man. But I don't think they'll get that this postseason. That makes me, regretfully, think its not their year for running the table. I so hope I'm dead wrong. I'd love to see rings for Marshawn and Russell. But maybe it's not crazy to hope. So many Cinderella stories this year. If or when Seattle gets eliminated, I won't have a rooting interest the rest of the way. Only team I don't want to win is New England. Any other outcome is OK by me. Such as Denver. But I'd only celebrate if Seattle won.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,973 posts, read 82,079,177 times
I would have agreed with you until this last game, just squeaking by a mediocre team. I'd be surprised if we get to play more than two playoff games, but am hopeful that they will get back that amazing drive of the previous 3 games and be able to take all these tough road games.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:32 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,720,011 times
The fan base will always be overly optimistic.

However, in reality, the Hawks have not been particularly great on the road this year. If they can get by the 'skins in DC, the odds go up. Because of something called momentum. And you are right, the Hawks likely will not see Century Link this season.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:43 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,543,054 times
I think their chances are good. Washington has not been especially dominant at home this year, and the 49ers have some serious injuries to their squad. Atlanta is notoriously bad in the playoffs. We've already beaten the Packers and Patriots this season.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:23 AM

Well, good teams sometimes have bad days. And even Dallas pulled out some wins that seemed improbable. So you can never count anybody out. Maybe Wilson will have one of his five-touchdown games.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:40 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,440,173 times
And sometimes, teams in the playoffs are entirely different teams. Great teams(and players) during the season sometimes fall apart during the playoffs. Logically speaking, the Seahawks won't make it to the Super Bowl. Logically, they'll beat the Redskins. But logic doesn't alays work and magic sometimes does.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:27 AM

905 posts, read 1,110,766 times
The way I see it, anything goes in the post-season, but this last game against St. Louis had me concerned. Then again, I like to keep in mind that St. Louis somehow managed a tie-game against the 49'ers too.

That being said, no matter what happens at this point, Seattle has made huge improvements this season already - I can't complain

Old 01-03-2013, 02:12 PM

Yeh, if I actually lived in Seattle, I'd be stoked about the team. Everybody in the media seems to be chattering about them. Some real experts are saying "I like the Seattle Seahawks". How often in their history has that happened? Amazing how they don't even have a first round QB! The front office guy (or was it Pete Carroll?) who saw what a gem Russell Wilson is pulled a coup. Of course, whoever decided to draft Tom Brady in the late round (for the Patriots) probably had bragging rights at one time, too

Old 01-03-2013, 03:36 PM

242 posts, read 435,058 times
I'm not a Seahawks hater, but you really think they beat Green Bay? Two totally blown calls at the end - they got very, very lucky. I hope they play Green Bay in the playoffs but I'm not sure that will happen.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:45 PM

Yeh, even as a Seahawks fan, I gotta ignore that outcome. Says a lot for the Hawks that they made that much of a game of it, but I think Green Bay got a slow start. To really understand the season, you have to pretty much ignore the games officiated by those unqualified guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area