Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 03:02 PM

52 posts, read 121,163 times

Advertisements

So far, we have been to the Woodland Park Zoo's WildLights display and last night we visited the Bellevue Botanical Garden's light display. Can anyone recommend anywhere else to see good Christmas light displays? Our 1 year old daughter is fascinated by them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 04:17 PM

456 posts, read 776,599 times
Its not super big but the one on candy cane lane is fun for little kids.

Seattle's Candy Cane Lane

Ben

Old 11-27-2012, 06:41 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,059,397 times
Oooh...how was the zoo's light display? I read this is the first year they've done it and I want to go!

Old 11-27-2012, 07:12 PM

102 posts, read 275,349 times
Oooh! I want to hear reviews, too!

Some one sent me this map - you can adjust it for different Christmas activities throughout the whole area, including Christmas lights: MyNorthwest.com Holiday Map - Find light display, Santa Pictures, tree farms, attractions and activities in Seattle and the entire Puget Sound area

Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 PM

51 posts, read 262,124 times
If you didn't already catch it while visiting the botanical gardens, downtown Bellevue also has Snowflake Lane - a nightly Christmas parade down Bellevue Way near the mall. It starts at 7 pm, but make sure to get there early if you go on the weekends... parking is ruthless around Bellevue Square at Christmas.

Bellevue Snowflake Lane, Christmas Parade, Ice Skating, New Years Eve | Bellevue.com

Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,469,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benleis View Post
Its not super big but the one on candy cane lane is fun for little kids.

Seattle's Candy Cane Lane

Ben
That is such a great one, I go by it every chance I get.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:22 PM

52 posts, read 121,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
Oooh...how was the zoo's light display? I read this is the first year they've done it and I want to go!
They had a special preview event last week for zoo members, so we took our daughter and she loved it! For children, they have carousel rides for just $2 and the Zoomazium has stuffed snowmen "parts" everywhere that are made of felt fabric, so the children can create their own snowmen. They had 2 reindeer that you could stand nearby and admire.

They only had a specific section of the zoo decorated in lights and the only critters that were available to look at were in the reptile building. I'll say that I recommend it for families with children because my daughter had a blast. It seemed to be a good size for her.

The Bellevue Botanical Gardens display was more impressive to me and my daughter loved it too, but it was quite crowded last night when we went (a free night), so we weren't really able to let her walk around as much as she got to at the zoo.

Thank you for the other recommendations!!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:23 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,467,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminolepharmd View Post

The Bellevue Botanical Gardens display was more impressive to me and my daughter loved it too, but it was quite crowded last night when we went (a free night), so we weren't really able to let her walk around as much as she got to at the zoo.
We drove up from Portland last year to see this specifically. It was well worth the time and money. We went on a week night so it wasn't too busy. Got a lot of great pictures.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:18 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,536,061 times
I have not been but a friend recommended we drive up to Warm Beach. There is a huge light display there with a holiday village. I did look it up and it seems a bit expensive. Someone also mentioned a neighborhood in Ballard or just North that almost every home puts up a display. I can't think of the name of the neighborhood but perhaps someone else can chime in.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:58 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,685,105 times
I did Warm Beach a few years ago. It is pretty expensive considering that it is just a load of lights, but there are a hell of a lot of them. They also had a small live music show in the cafe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area