Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2007, 02:25 PM

48 posts, read 173,890 times

Advertisements

Any general information about this area? Is the weather and traffic about the same as the immediate Seattle area? I hear it's pretty expensive housing? Is Kirkland less like a city and more like a suburb where there isn't really much to do in the way of entertainment and restaurants? Any info you've got would be great! I especially want people who have lived there for a while and know their way around. Insider info is extremely helpful. Stuff i won't find in the travel books. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 02:32 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,351,471 times
Kirkland is a Seattle suburb on the other side of Lake Washington from Seattle itself. It has a wonderful (though conjested) downtown waterfront area that is very lively with outdoor cafes, art galleries etc and is one of the more desirable areas in which to live. One of my favorites in the Seattle area. Very expensive though.

Ken

Old 09-20-2007, 07:34 PM

19 posts, read 90,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keloucks View Post
Any general information about this area? Is the weather and traffic about the same as the immediate Seattle area? I hear it's pretty expensive housing? Is Kirkland less like a city and more like a suburb where there isn't really much to do in the way of entertainment and restaurants? Any info you've got would be great! I especially want people who have lived there for a while and know their way around. Insider info is extremely helpful. Stuff i won't find in the travel books. Thanks!
I've lived in Kirkland for awhile now...the weather is pretty similar to Seattle's weather, but usually a couple degrees warmer since it's further inland. Traffic can be a pain on 405 the closer you get to Kirkland...on the main roads it's usually not too bad, except for downtown along the waterfront & on 116th & 124th near the freeway. Yes, housing is expensive...condos aren't too bad- I think you can still find them for under 200k, though the average is probably closer to 250k-300k & up. There's some nice/fun restaurants along the waterfront & lots of beaches/parks...I know there's usually stuff going on in the summer & I believe at Christmas they do a tree lighting. The city website for Kirkland has links to the different recreational programs & activities offered. My husband may be able to give you additional info later- he pretty much grew up in Kirkland so may know a little more than me!

HTH

Old 09-20-2007, 10:04 PM

1 posts, read 6,669 times
I have lived in Kirkland all my life, it has grown so much with both people and businesses. The Kirkland waterfront looks a lot like it used to besides a few new condos that have been built.
The one thing I don't like about Kirkland is all the people that have moved here It has gotten crowded. The prices for housing have sky-rocketed out of control We do have a few really good restaurants, and a lot of bars.
I hope this helps anyone thinking about moving here.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:42 PM

1 posts, read 6,635 times
Default living in kirkland

I have lived in kirkland most of my life and there are some pros and cons.

It's a beautiful area and it has a lot to offer as far as shops, places to eat, and activities. It's a great place to raise a family with very little crime. However in recent years it has become very crowded and the cost to live in the area is really high. if you can afford it and are fine sitting in traffic then great, if you want a little more peace and quite and want more for your money, look else where

Moderator cut: link deleted

Last edited by scirocco22; 09-25-2007 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: sorry, no advertising inside posts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area