Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 10:56 PM

102 posts, read 275,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
In general, that's true, but some of the neighborhoods in the eastern part of Bellevue are very desirable and pretty expensive, such as the Cougar Mountain/Lakemont areas. I think it's the northeast part of Bellevue that's considered less desirable, places like Lake Hills and Crossroads. Another area worth looking in is Newport Shores overlooking Lake Washington, just south of I-90 and west of Factoria Mall. It's an enclave of niceness.
LOVE Newport Shores. Wish we'd discovered that before moving. We love our neighborhood, too, but Newport Shores is just...an enclave of niceness. Perfectly described.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 07:47 AM

7 posts, read 54,388 times
BTW RVD when is your onsite??? How was your experience if it is already done? I am coming in for in person in a week or so, dates are not yet confirmed.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:23 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,438,334 times
I'm actually all done with my process! Signed my offer letter this past week so I'm working with the relocation consultant to move, etc.

Onsite experience for me was pretty good. I was able to meet with my team, my hiring manager, etc. All of them seemed pretty cool and I enjoyed the experience. My HR contact was also very nice. Overall, a positive experience.

Good luck with your onsite. It's a tough process but hang in there. Amazon was one of the better interview experiences that I have had. They didn't drag it out or do all of the other annoying things that other companies do.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:14 PM

7 posts, read 54,388 times
Nice to know that you are through.. Hope I will make it too... :-)

Old 08-03-2012, 08:24 PM

2 posts, read 3,071 times
Default Spouse employment help?

RVD, I'm curious if your relocation assistance did indeed include help for your spouse to find employment. If we decide to make the move, I would be leaving a really good job, and might welcome some help in that area.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:30 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,438,334 times
Yes, it did include assistance for my wife to find a job. I wouldn't necessarily rely on it 100% to find your job but they will do some stuff like give you advice on your resume, help you target companies, etc.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:21 AM

52 posts, read 135,191 times
RVD90277, for $1.5M on the Eastside you want to be in Somerset or {Clyde Hill / Medina / Hunts Point / Yarrow Point}. Check out The Most Wealthy Neighborhoods in Seattle - NabeWise, neighborhoods revealed

On the Seattle side you want to be in the {Washington Park / Montlake / Madison Park} area or {Windermere / Laurelhurst} area.

I'm not a fan of Mercer Island - the schools are not as good as Bellevue, and the vitality not as good as Seattle.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:28 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,529,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester007 View Post
RVD90277, for $1.5M on the Eastside you want to be in Somerset or {Clyde Hill / Medina / Hunts Point / Yarrow Point}. Check out The Most Wealthy Neighborhoods in Seattle - NabeWise, neighborhoods revealed
In terms of Bellevue neighborhoods, add Enatai, Beaux Arts Village (technically its own town), Meydenbauer/West Bellevue, Vuecrest, Newport Shores, Woodridge.

ETA: $1.5 million won't get you much in Hunts Point, Yarrow Point, and not much more in Medina, Clyde Hill or Newport Shores. But it will likely get you a very nice home in Enatai/Killarney/Meydenbauer, which I think is prettier and quieter anyway.

Last edited by BellevueNative; 08-06-2012 at 01:53 PM..

Old 08-06-2012, 02:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,535 times
Medina is where the President like to visit every time he comes to the Northwest...

Old 08-06-2012, 10:27 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,529,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhcchen View Post
Medina is where the President like to visit every time he comes to the Northwest...
Actually, on his most recent trip he was at a fundraiser in Hunts Point, not Medina. And besides, these are fundraisers he comes here for, not necessarily where he "like to visit" [sic].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area