Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2011, 08:32 PM

22 posts, read 103,267 times

Advertisements

so I finally made it to Seattle last night! Drove around quite a bit today checking out all the neighborhoods. So I need to know what the main drag is in each neighborhood that has the social scene/shopping, etc..from what I can tell this is where it's at and correct me if I'm wrong or if there's more to the area I missed.

Capitol Hill-Broadway and Pike st area
Ballard-Market Street
Freemont-Freemont Ave
Queen Anne-Queen Anne Ave/Blvd
Pioneer Square-by the SAM and Pikes Market
Belltown-don't know the main steet it's on but I did drive through it.

Not sure about Wallingford area..I was around the lake with the bike/walking path..Green Lake? does that have a shopping/resturant area I should checkout?

What is considered Lower Queen Anne area? Cross streets?

thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 08:47 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,799,957 times
Pioneer Square is 1st and Yesler. Belltown is north of Pike Place Market. Wallingford's main drag is 45th. Lower Queen Anne is directly west of Key Arena.

Greenwood is worth checking out. Greenwood Ave around W 85th. Phinney Ridge is decent too with everything clustered along Phinney Avenue. U-District has one of the largest mini "downtowns" in the city, along University Way, aka "The Ave."

Old 12-03-2011, 12:14 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,425,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightlightsBigCity View Post
Not sure about Wallingford area..I was around the lake with the bike/walking path..Green Lake? does that have a shopping/resturant area I should checkout?
Green Lake is its own neighborhood and the area around the park to the south-east is the main shops and apt place. Awesome shoes place (Roadrunner) and desserts (er, I forgot the name).

Wallingford's main drag is 45th st from basically I-5 to Wallingford Ave plus maybe a few blocks.

Freemont ... you must mean "Fremont" ... it' sjust pronounced "Free-mont" ... it's the center of the known universe after all.

I second Greenwood. It's quirky.

Don't forget the south end neighborhoods. Chinatown (International District) is pretty cool. Georgetown's center is along Airport Way just north of Boeing field. Some really great breweries and history and quirky art there (never saw a Christian cross made entirely of flies before? you can here. How about a guy with cassette tape pickups draped over a board you can move over to recreate the sounds for interactive art? bingo).

Take a drive along Lake Washington Blvd. on a nice day. Absolutely gorgeous. Not even a walk along the seaside in San Fran could compare. Very little could (walking along Satellite Beach in Florida watching a rocket go off did).

Follow E Madison St. to see the town center for Madison Park. Actually, if you follow E Madison from downtown to the water, you'll encounter a few "centers" or "drags", including the French corner.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:04 PM

22 posts, read 103,267 times
thanks guys!

Old 12-03-2011, 12:32 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,210,203 times
"Downtown" area in West Seattle is on California Ave around Alaska St. Also check out Alki Beach. A little farther south - 16th Ave. SW just south of Roxbury is like a whole new world!

Old 12-06-2011, 08:54 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,426,207 times
Pike Place Market, please. There is no such thing as Pike's Market in Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: