Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 04:22 PM

2 posts, read 3,559 times

Advertisements

My husband, brother- and sister-in-law, and I just moved to the Seattle area from the Midwest and are having a hard time finding a local Christian church. We all have had some bad experiences with various churches in the Midwest, mostly with people acting friendly at first but never actually being supportive if we had questions, differed from their point of view, or needed deeper friendships. We just want to find somewhere that we can get involved and actually feel welcomed and supported. We would like to find something in or around Downtown or Capitol Hill, but we are definitely willing to drive farther if we found the right church. Can anyone give us some places to try?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 06:29 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,295,718 times
You might look at these websites.
SimpleChurchWA (SimpleChurchSeattle) - SimpleChurch
WA Organic Church Network - About Us

Old 07-21-2011, 09:57 AM

157 posts, read 218,399 times
This is my church: Blue Sky Church: Bellevue, WA

It is in Bellevue off of 520, but it is well worth the extra 10 minutes to drive. We have people from Capitol Hill area who commute here. Being a military brat, I have tried many different kinds of churches, including in the Midwest and understand the difficulty of finding a relationship-oriented church. Your first Sunday, the overseers and other members will take notice of your new faces, and you will be met graciously. More importantly, people there are awesome at staying connected. Highly recommend getting involved in a weekly small-group too, so check that section of the website out.

It's not a mega-church, so you won't feel lost in the jumble hopefully. The worship style is contemporary (Do you like Hillsong? Pretty much that same style), and once in a while we'll sing an oldie.

I could go on and on, so if you have any desire to pay a visit to see if this could be the church for you, feel free to drop me a line or come by on a Sunday!

Old 07-26-2011, 09:53 AM

24 posts, read 43,980 times
Seattles 1st is a great one to try out. People are warm and friendly and whenever I have had questions I am pointed to a way in the scriptures to find what I need or what to know!

2415 31st Ave W, Seattle is the Address.

Good Luck

Old 07-26-2011, 11:14 AM

17 posts, read 37,608 times
We happen to currently be a multi-state family with my husband working in downtown Seattle since February. (I am still with our girls in Louisiana.) My husband has been visiting Mars Hill's Downtown campus on Western Ave. and it's either a good work or a short bus trip, whichever he decides to do. He lives on Capitol Hill and works at Swedish Medical Center. We were all there just a few weeks ago and were able to visit Mars Hill Church with him on two Sundays. He likes it a lot and so did we, even though it is very different from our current nondenominational church here in Louisiana. Love the teaching by Pastor Mark Driscoll (which was via video feed the days we attended) and we met the campus pastor and many of the connect group leaders. The church seemed to have a very close-knit feel to it and everyone was very friendly. My husband hasn't been able to plug in as much as he'd like because of his work schedule, but enjoys attending the church. So that'd be another one to try.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:01 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,536,861 times
We love Overlake Christian Church in Redmond!! They do a great deal of local and world outreach and are welcoming of folks in all phases of their spiritual search. Non-denominational church. Not the closest to your area. Mike Howerton (lead pastor) is terrific but they have several fantastic preachers (Gary Gonzales) and their kids and students programs are top notch. Good luck with your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area