Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 11:17 PM

13 posts, read 53,325 times

Advertisements

I was offered a very good job up here and I couldn't say no. I moved to Seattle with high spirits and optimism, even though people said that I was going to be depressed because of the weather and hate the city. After living here for almost two years I can say that I hate this part of the world with all my heart, but not because of the weather. I don't care about the rain or the overcast skies. Ideally, I would live in a sunny place, but there are so many other reasons why I hate Seattle with all my heart.

It's a really boring city with boring people. No attractive guys up here, nothing to do except playing videogames. Maybe I had high expectations because local people sell Seattle as if it were a cosmopolitan, liberal city. It's just a grey, big, boring, ugly town. I can't live here any longer and people are usually so passive aggressive, especially with people who are physically attractive. It seems like they have an inferiority complet.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:41 PM

34 posts, read 111,022 times
Oh so this is the 'spread-your-own-personal-misery-to-others' thread, eh? Nice contribution.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:55 PM

593 posts, read 1,766,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLosAngeles View Post
I was offered a very good job up here and I couldn't say no. I moved to Seattle with high spirits and optimism, even though people said that I was going to be depressed because of the weather and hate the city. After living here for almost two years I can say that I hate this part of the world with all my heart, but not because of the weather. I don't care about the rain or the overcast skies. Ideally, I would live in a sunny place, but there are so many other reasons why I hate Seattle with all my heart.

It's a really boring city with boring people. No attractive guys up here, nothing to do except playing videogames. Maybe I had high expectations because local people sell Seattle as if it were a cosmopolitan, liberal city. It's just a grey, big, boring, ugly town. I can't live here any longer and people are usually so passive aggressive, especially with people who are physically attractive. It seems like they have an inferiority complet.
Yeah, Im sure the reason people havent been friendly to you is because you're "physically attractive". It has nothing to do with your attitude or intelligence, clearly.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:04 AM

59 posts, read 150,020 times
Well I for one like overcast, rainy weather, as well as sitting at home playing video games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLosAngeles View Post
No attractive guys up here
Quote:
I can't live here any longer and people are usually so passive aggressive, especially with people who are physically attractive.
You clearly are more suited for Los Angeles. There are a lot of vapid, pretentious beings you'd fit in quite well with.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:07 AM

474 posts, read 1,458,431 times
Default Los Angeles welcomes you back.

Please, go down there as soon as humanly possible.

I can't imagine needing another person waiting for validation from others moving up here.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:10 AM

228 posts, read 688,449 times
Sounds like you just got dumped.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:19 AM

Default can't stop laughing

thanks for all the responses, you actually cheered me up! You are a bunch of comedians I have to admit you all have a talent, though. I must have hit a nerve. My misery is situational, I know that as soon as I get out of here, I'll be much happier. I just couldn't refuse a job with such a high salary. Actually, guys are overly friendly with me up here, but are really unattractive up here, and in addition to being unattractive, they are sooooo boring. Usually, they say that ugly guys are funny and interesting because they have to develop other qualities to counterbalance their physical unattractiveness. Well, Seattle guys are the exception to that rule.

Yeah, keep bashing LA. I have noticed, ironically, that LA bashers are very unattractive. So, if I put myself in their shoes, I understand why they hate a city so full of glamourous, beautiful people. It must be hard to be ugly, uh? It reminds me of Megan, a very obese, deformed woman married with another loser who hated to live in Santa Monica and moved up here. I wonder why she hated Santa Monica.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:27 AM

701 posts, read 2,036,143 times
A 'The Hills' girl ended up in Seattle... No wonder she hates it. A place like Seattle doesn't cater well to people of that type.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:34 AM

thank you for your response, honey. Funny enough, I am not the only Seattle hater. In case it was not clear: it's not that I don't like Seattle, I HATE IT!
I have met many other people, even families with children, who hate this place but are up here because, for some strange reasons, there are very good, high paying jobs.

Actually, I think most companies have a hard time recruiting people because nobody wants to live in this armpit, therefore, they compensate by offering competitive salaries and amazing perks. In fact, I couldn't be happier with my job, but now I am starting to understand why they treat their employees so well, because most people are leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat02 View Post
A 'The Hills' girl ended up in Seattle... No wonder she hates it. A place like Seattle doesn't cater well to people of that type.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:35 AM

805 posts, read 2,007,848 times
I love both LA and Seattle....But i don't see by any means how Seattle the city is ugly by any means in comparison with dirty ass LA.

The people, well I am a male so I can't see it from your perspective but there are just as many beautiful women up here as down there...they just don't dress as skimpy (not saying people down there are slutty, the weather just suites that style better)

There are plenty of outgoing, outdoorsy, adventerous people in the PNW that don't just sit around and play video games.

anyways, I kind of like posts like this hopefully it deterrs people from moving to the PNW so that others can truly enjoy it.

I don't have anything rude or mean to say, but best of luck in your return and sorry it didn't work out for u.

could it be that you were just looking in all the wrong places?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: