Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 03:21 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,031,964 times

Advertisements

Do you ever feel trapped by all the technological junk that we surround ourselves with every day?

Are you always on call?

Do you drudge through E-mails?

Are you hooked on a TV series?

Could it, or is it making you ill?

Would you just like to get away from it all?

Do we need it all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 10:05 AM

23,600 posts, read 70,412,676 times
Do you ever feel trapped by all the technological junk that we surround ourselves with every day?

Eh, nah.

Are you always on call?

Yes and no. Cellphone stays OFF, answering machine ON

Do you drudge through E-mails?

Nope. Idiots don't dare email me.

Are you hooked on a TV series?

None that are current, and the ones I like get tivoed.

Could it, or is it making you ill?

Nope.

Would you just like to get away from it all?

Already doing that.

Do we need it all?

Nope.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:50 PM

713 posts, read 3,438,562 times
Would love to get away from all the tech around me and live outdoors but unless you walk or bike everywhere and sleep in a tent then you will always be around some form of electrical technology. I saw a YouTube video of one guy who bikes everywhere, he bikes cross state and country and lives in a tent. Says you enjoy natures beauty so much more when you take your time to get from point a to point b.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:13 AM

I hate mobile phones. I have one, everyone expects you to have one.
Gives me headache. Always rings at the most inopportune moments.
I would switch it off, but get accused of things, and a tirade of annoyance if I do.
Another gripe is that others are also so tied to their phone, that they are no longer able to work efficiently, due to the need to be forever chatting.
In the past you went to work, to work, not chat.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:39 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
I want to live in the woods, seriously i often think about it. Id love to be like a survivalist but im pretty sure id be fiending for the internet after about 2 hours.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:48 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,932,095 times
No mobile phone here. I've never had one. Suits me just fine.

I don't watch TV but rarely either.

I certainly don't "social network". I think I'm allergic.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:38 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,774 times
You've hit on a fantasy of mine. Not only would I cease to worry so much, (bad news it seems all the time), I would save money, read more books, get more fresh air, etc.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:22 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,385,202 times
Good thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post

Are you always on call? No, my job isn't the type.

Do you drudge through E-mails? Yes, I check all of my email addresses, facebook, and message boards regularly.

Are you hooked on a TV series? Several

Could it, or is it making you ill? I can see how it easily could for many people because they aren't getting enough exercise sitting on one's arse at the computer or on the couch watching tv.

Would you just like to get away from it all? I do that by curling up with a good book for hours on end or going for a hike.

Do we need it all? In today's society, I feel it is needed to a large extent due to the way we conduct business.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
Good thread.
Thank you.
Well answered.
I do the same with a good book.
I also walk miles, with my dog.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:11 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE
Yes I do!!!

I value my privacy 100% and im usually always around someone with a blasted smartphone (with a camera) and it really ticks me off!!!!!!!!! (JUST CAUSE THEY DONT GIVE A RATS TAIL DOESNT MEAN I DONT!!)

I havent seen anyone with one of those stupid GOOGLE GLASS things yet but I will run far away if i do... I DO NOT WANT MY IMAGE GOING OVER THAT GARBAGE!!!

People are enslaving themselves with all this new technology they think is so good and its sad.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology