Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 12:07 PM

3,245 posts, read 6,302,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bum0ble View Post
If my girls are going to study in 2010 September, when should i apply for them?
You will need to be residing in the school district before you can register your children for school in that district. Generally they will need things like a birth certificate,previous school records,2 proofs of residence(drivers lic.,insurance policy,utility bills,a copy of your lease or mortgage,etc.) and immunization records. You can call the specific school for their exact requirements. You can register them for school as soon as you get a place to live in that district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 03:11 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
Oh man, I miss that place, even if only for their rice. Last time we were in Mountain View we bought 1 10-lb bags of their extra refined borwn rice and we still cook with it regularly. SO GOOD.
They seem to be expanding the chain, who knows, maybe one will open in CO. But probably not in Palmer Lake ...

Old 11-25-2009, 07:06 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,184,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
They seem to be expanding the chain, who knows, maybe one will open in CO. But probably not in Palmer Lake ...
Probably not, our only grocery store is a gas station. No worries, I'll be there next week to get more rice. I wish I could bring some that sushi grade tuna home with me on the plane.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:17 PM

13 posts, read 52,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
You will need to be residing in the school district before you can register your children for school in that district. Generally they will need things like a birth certificate,previous school records,2 proofs of residence(drivers lic.,insurance policy,utility bills,a copy of your lease or mortgage,etc.) and immunization records. You can call the specific school for their exact requirements. You can register them for school as soon as you get a place to live in that district.
Thanks Capoeira for your infomation
Oh, then that means i have to choose the area i am going to live first... as i mentioned bf, my aunt is living in Dublin and my hubby is working in Santa Clara (95054). It seems my new life will be easier if i live close to my aunt, but i know it's quite far to commute to his office.
I got the links about those schools, but would u pls recommend some specific school districts which are close to my hubby's office? so it's easier for me to compare those with Dublin.
Again, any suggestions are very welcome to a new comer like me.
Thanks very much to all the nice people here

Old 12-03-2009, 06:54 AM

i would like to rent an apartment first. Where can i find the rental information in San Ramon/ Dublin area? Thanks again.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:35 AM

any other forum about San Ramon/Dublin schools or after school activities? Thanks for any inputs.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:16 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,164,063 times
San Ramon schools are slightly better than dublin. Particularly the portion of San Ramon that gets zoned in with the danville/black hawk for high school.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
San Ramon schools are slightly better than dublin. Particularly the portion of San Ramon that gets zoned in with the danville/black hawk for high school.
Hi NorCal Dude, I am looking for an elementary schools for my girls in San Ramon. Do you have any suggestions? cos i am not quite familiar to the school district zone. ( now i am living overseas) Which elementary school gets zoned in with the high school u mentioned above?

Now I will choose a school first, then i will look for the apartment or house with the same school zone. Therefore, any inputs are great help to me.
Again, thanks for your info a lot.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:02 AM

334 posts, read 1,067,549 times
San Ramon and Danville have excellent schools k-12. It is a very family friendly community. San Ramon is more cookie cutter w/ big box stores and no central downtown area. Danville is more of a small town w/ a central downtown area and a bit more expensive than San Ramon; however, both areas belong to the same school district, and I believe all elementary schools are rated 10/10. It is a good choice if you care about good public schools and you can get a bigger, nicer house for less money then a comparable area in the South Bay or Silicon Valley. The big problem w/ living there and working in the South Bay is the commute. It will be horrendous, but apparently a lot of people are willing to do it for the family oriented safe lifestyle and good schools in San Ramon.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:03 AM

334 posts, read 1,067,549 times
Oh...you can find rentals in San Ramon on craigslist.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose