Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2008, 06:58 AM

4 posts, read 9,737 times

Advertisements

Hi considering moving to San Jose and renting.

Things:

-me and another guy, we're both in our young twenties and neither of us work.(we aren't gay, I guess that might be relevant)

$1200-1800/month is ideal

-we don't need a super fancy area but that'd be nice, as would feeling safe.

- I don't like living in really urban environments

Apartments for Rent in Milpitas | Apartment in Milpitas*California

Also I saw on wiki that there's a very large Asian makeup in Fremont. Do most of these people(specifically the younger crowd) speak English-- even if broken?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 10:00 AM

2,652 posts, read 8,582,247 times
Fremont is a nice town within a reasonable commute to San Jose. I noticed on your link it said Milpitas though? I'm not too fond of Milpitas, but Fremont is nice.

Most Asians in the area can speak english.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:32 PM

197 posts, read 977,147 times
what kinda of Asians are they? East or South East? You know.. Indian or Chinese?

Old 09-19-2008, 04:20 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,154,335 times
All of the above. Milpitas actually has a majority of people of Asian descent, and the buses have signs in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:57 PM

226 posts, read 1,125,984 times
Fremont has a sizable Asian prescence, consisting of a wide variety of Asian nationalities, including Chinese, Taiwanese, and Indian. For the most part, Asians living in Fremont work in the service sector and many are very much Americanized. They can speak English as many are naturalized or have been in the United States for many years. I would say that many have migrated out to Fremont over the past few decades from areas such as Oakland and San Francisco as they accumulated wealth. Nowadays, Asian immigrants who can afford to move directly to Fremont or other suburbs after arriving in the United States.

I must say that almost the Bay Area in general has a sizable Asian population. It has the second highest precentage of this demographic in the United States. Living near the Silicon Valley, you are going to see a lot of Asians working as entrepreneurs, or working for one. You will also see a lot of Asian businesses that cater to this community, such as Asian supermarkets, places of worship, that you would otherwise not find in other parts of the country at such a concentration level.

Last edited by tennis368fan; 09-22-2008 at 12:14 AM..

Old 09-22-2008, 01:47 AM

197 posts, read 977,147 times
I haven't found an asian supermarket yet.. where is this? I want some fresh cheap fruits.. I'm paying through the nose at Trader Joes!

Old 09-23-2008, 12:29 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,154,335 times
Ocean Market at Calaveras & Park Victoria in Milpitas comes to mind.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:23 PM

7 posts, read 20,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis368fan View Post
Fremont has a sizable Asian prescence, consisting of a wide variety of Asian nationalities, including Chinese, Taiwanese, and Indian. For the most part, Asians living in Fremont work in the service sector ....Living near the Silicon Valley, you are going to see a lot of Asians working as entrepreneurs, or working for one. .
That's maybe the demography of Asian in Fremont years or even decades ago. Hubby and I have worked/lived in Fremont for the past 10 years in various high-tech companies. 80% of the Asians, especially Chinese and Indian, we've seen are high-paying engineers. The good areas in Fremont with excellent schools are also heavily populated with such Asians. The house value in those districts can compete with place like Palo Alto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose