Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 10:53 AM

10 posts, read 9,203 times

Advertisements

I am a big fan of pizza and I have been to MANY, MANY pizza restaurants in Santa Clara County but I am always on the lookout for a REALLY good place... I have been to Bogey's Pizza, Pizz'a Chicago ( both in San Jose ) and Angie's Pizza in Campbell and those 3 places are my favorite, as well as the Mountain Mike's Pizza in Campbell.
Does anybody recommend a good pizza restaurant that is as good as those ones in Santa Clara County? I don't want to go farther than Sunnyvale to eat pizza so Sunnyvale on down to Gilroy is ideal. Thanks!

- majinfeyd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 11:51 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,867,246 times
Based on your list, it appears you have low standards for pizza, so you should be happy almost anywhere. Pretty sure most people consider Mountain Mike's to be one step above pig slop.

Of the places that receive good reviews on Yelp, I've had pizza at A Slice of NY, Pizza My Heart, and Bibo's NY Pizza. The first two were good. Bibo's was just ok.

None of these places compares to the pizza I can get when I'm in Las Vegas. Settebello, 800 Degrees, and Pizza Rock are in a whole different league. True Neapolitan style pizza, with the pizza cooked for just 60-90 seconds.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:00 PM

848 posts, read 969,084 times
I guess everyone has a different opinion of what good is. For me, I can't stand all those places that people say are amazing, yet it turns out they are all the same 'deep dish' pizza where the pizza is 90% bread with a sneeze worth of toppings on it. I really don't care what someone arbitrarily claims is 'authentic', I personally hate it. Meanwhile, I do like Pizza My Heart (Capitola or bust!), but the pizzas are anorexically thin and the toppings are still not as generous. Then there's Round Table Pizza, which for me is the perfect amount (and crispiness) of bread and the toppings are extremely generous (and a hell of a lot fresher than 90% of other pizza places out there). But RTP is horrendously expensive. It was already too expensive when I worked there in high school in the late 90s. Now it's just mind blowingly insane. Two smalls (1 specialty, 1 one-topping) and 1 order of 6 twists came out to $47.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:48 PM

402 posts, read 539,197 times
I like Pizza My Heart and Round Table Pizza.

If I want to spend $5-$7 dollars for a full pizza, I go to Little Caezars. Yes it's enormously fatty and unhealthy but it's what you get for just five bucks. Good with beer

Old 06-02-2016, 05:23 PM

901 posts, read 1,169,184 times
I liked Speederia in San Carlos. Howie's in Palo Alto is decent. Patxi's is pretty good for deep dish style; haven't tried their thin crust.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:03 PM

222 posts, read 383,006 times
Chuck, Speederia in San Carlos closed last week They still have one shop in Redwood City - and you are correct, they are the best.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:17 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,038,867 times
Pizz'a Chicago FTW. Everything else mentioned in this thread is nothing but expensive burned cheese and toppings on cardboard. More cardboard then cheese and toppings. They are all a terrible waste of money for extremely low-quality ingredients.

PS, I have worked at most of these places, and have eaten a lot of the food. At least I didn’t have to pay for the crap.

If you can, try to find a good mom-and-pop pizza place. The pizza ingredients will be way higher quality then the chains, and probably cost less money.

Last edited by KaaBoom; 06-02-2016 at 08:26 PM..

Old 06-02-2016, 08:51 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,930,549 times
Bocca Lupo Pizza at San Pedro Sq. Market and Checker's on Hamilton. Sal Pizza in Campbell for Boston style.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:23 AM

1,023 posts, read 1,553,379 times
Patxi Pizza in North San Jose, Blue Line in Campbell, and the pizza place in San Pedro Square.

Old 06-03-2016, 05:48 PM

677 posts, read 835,909 times
Premium Pizza on Hillsdale Ave. in San Jose. Sal's Pizza near downtown Campbell. Then there's Zachary's for deep dish pizza in Berkeley/Oakland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose