Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 05:36 PM

19 posts, read 57,119 times

Advertisements

Yes, Los Altos is a tick more expensive with fewer options on the low side. But I'm guessing that if you've narrowed your choice down to either Palo Alto or Los Altos, that's not exactly an issue. I don't think you go wrong with either one. If you do like things a little more on the exciting side, downtown PA is more for you. However, living in Los Altos doesn't exactly put you far away from Palo Alto
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 03:55 PM

170 posts, read 463,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theskillz39 View Post
... However, living in Los Altos doesn't exactly put you far away from Palo Alto
In fact they are right next to each other

Old 02-14-2015, 01:47 PM

19 posts, read 74,246 times
It hasn't been mentioned, but since you have 3 kids... i'd imagine you'll send them to schools at some point (sooner or later). One thing you may also want to look into are the schools. Cupertino, PA, LA have (comparably) great schools. However, I often here there isn't sufficient diversity within the classes. Despite of great schools, I have a number of Asian friends who refuse to move to those towns, mainly because the schools are usually dominated by Asians (Chinese, Korean, etc.) and East-Indians kids - at nearly 50/50 split.
So, you may want think about this factor before buying in.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:00 PM

457 posts, read 757,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium1330 View Post
It hasn't been mentioned, but since you have 3 kids... i'd imagine you'll send them to schools at some point (sooner or later). One thing you may also want to look into are the schools. Cupertino, PA, LA have (comparably) great schools. However, I often here there isn't sufficient diversity within the classes. Despite of great schools, I have a number of Asian friends who refuse to move to those towns, mainly because the schools are usually dominated by Asians (Chinese, Korean, etc.) and East-Indians kids - at nearly 50/50 split.
So, you may want think about this factor before buying in.
Great timely advice. In the 7 years since OP's post, his kids must be school age for sure

Old 02-17-2015, 11:14 AM

423 posts, read 612,095 times
I wonder if OP purchased in 2008. If he did purchase, he locked in great gains since 2008. But looking at his posts, he posted in MA forum since 2008. So too bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose