Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2008, 07:30 PM

19 posts, read 112,740 times

Advertisements

What is the best ISP in the downtown area of San Jose?

I looked at Comcast, 6 to 12 megabit + phone (unlimited calling in the US) around $66.00 per month.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
Joseph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 07:54 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,755,491 times
If you need the speed and do a lot of P2P d/l'ing, go with Comcast. If you just use it for browsing and no P2P d/l'ing go with DSL and a regular phone line. You might save a little bit going that route.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:33 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,262,712 times
I hate Comcast and switched over to AT&T after just a couple of months. Unfortunately, the service isn't as good, but it's better than getting double billed and there being jack squat you can do about it.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:22 PM

1 posts, read 21,525 times
I had the confirms from many of Comcast's representatives that at the end of the promotion period, my monthly final and stable bill would be $54 per month for the plan of up to 25 mbps for download and up to 6 mbps for upload. But when my promotion period was ended, I've started to pay around $70 per month and the statements shows that the plan's price is increased automatically.

However, the worse thing is that the longer I stay with Comcast, the poorer the performance Comcast provides to my line. I frequently get only 0.5 mbps - 5 mbps for download and 3mbps - 6mbps for upload. I have also tried to work with many of Comcast technicians and had them coming down to my house from times to times, but the problem is still the same occurring on and off very often for two years already. I'm disappointed with Comcast service. I don't bother to call them anymore.

I've been looking for a better Internet service provider to switch to; unfortunately, Comcast has been the only Internet service provider in my area. I have no other choices but to stay with paying high for their poor service until I find another one to switch to.

I don't know how the others are experiencing with Comcast, but this is how I get the service from Comcast.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:36 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,916,998 times
You really need to get a new ISP, it's taking four and a half years for posts to show up at your house.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:06 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,820,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmcc View Post
I had the confirms from many of Comcast's representatives that at the end of the promotion period, my monthly final and stable bill would be $54 per month for the plan of up to 25 mbps for download and up to 6 mbps for upload. But when my promotion period was ended, I've started to pay around $70 per month and the statements shows that the plan's price is increased automatically.

However, the worse thing is that the longer I stay with Comcast, the poorer the performance Comcast provides to my line. I frequently get only 0.5 mbps - 5 mbps for download and 3mbps - 6mbps for upload. I have also tried to work with many of Comcast technicians and had them coming down to my house from times to times, but the problem is still the same occurring on and off very often for two years already. I'm disappointed with Comcast service. I don't bother to call them anymore.

I've been looking for a better Internet service provider to switch to; unfortunately, Comcast has been the only Internet service provider in my area. I have no other choices but to stay with paying high for their poor service until I find another one to switch to.

I don't know how the others are experiencing with Comcast, but this is how I get the service from Comcast.
I'm quite certain that Sonic.net is an ISP which serves your area. Check 'em out: Sonic.net |

They've been my ISP since 1995 and I can heartily recommend them. Great products, spam controls, and customer service
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose