Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 05:06 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,897,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsd65 View Post
It is the customer service that is terrible They cannot bill correctly to safe their life!
Not the most complicated piece of business to execute. Very much a red flag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 06:46 PM

23,760 posts, read 24,326,539 times
These are the problems I am having with XOOM Energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Not the most complicated piece of business to execute. Very much a red flag.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,886 times
Default YEP only good for businesses.

YEP's rates are pretty good for commercial customers. So if you own a business great! But for residential you're gonna get ripped off. They offer a two month 10% discount which usually makes lower than PGE rate. Then they jack up the price! Why? Because they realize residential customers don't use anywhere near enough natural gas to turn a profit. President Michael Nguyen is an a-hole who believes California residential are "worthless lazy people who don't pay bill." His broken English is appalling. There are far better suppliers out there. But if you are with YEP just make sure you cancel before the 2nd month since they have no cancel fees. Or you could try to call YEP and say that a rep came to your door and they offered a 10% discount and demand that you continue to receive that! I heard they always cave in.

Companies to avoid:
Commerce Energy: really called just energy, their san Bruno office was on CBS local news for scamming people. Just search "commerce energy Bay Area scam" they offer a fixed rate and constantly tell customers all kinda of lies like a discount or that pge is shutting down! Crazy

Glacial Energy: These punks are money laundering for blood diamonds. If you don't mind helping helping arm kids with assault rifles to go to war for dictators then sign up!
Sparks: unless you're using a ton of gas, it's a rip off. You pay 40/month not matter what with unlimited usage. If you live in a huge house with a pool that you heat then I say go with sparks! But if you are like the majority of people you're over paying.
Ambit Energy: their marketing is an MLM. For those unaware, it is a borderline Ponzi scheme. Only reason I say borderline is because they do actually have customers that use a service but the marketing is all based on recruiting not how many customers you bring in.

Companies that are actually sincere:
Tiger: they're a decent company. Their reps are trained, "you don't need to sell, the service sells itself". I like that's attitude. Their rates can be higher or lower than pge depending on many factors
Accent: they offer a fixed rate. If you do your research, natural gas prices are rising quickly. Doubled from $1.85 to $3.65 as of July 2013. Insiders predict well over $4 by the winter. They' may seem to higher at first but you have shot of protecting yourself from price hikes that are obviously looming. Unlike commerce, who also a fixed rate, Accent strictly enforces their reps to be straight forward and not to lie and tell people they're getting a discount.
IGS: These guys are big dogs. Lots of customers and they do business right. They're one of the few that make their reps use shirts and hats so that it is clearly apparent they are IGS. I heard they are working on launching in CA. But not quite yet.
Blue spruce: it's ok. Kind of small but so far haven't heard anything bad.

Good luck. I do know one thing that if you stick with PGE you're just helping with the corruption in the government.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:59 AM

23,760 posts, read 24,326,539 times
After about 15 months with XOOM, I had enough and switched back to PG&E. There's no savings with XOOM and terrible customer service to deal with. I should have stayed with PG&E from the beginning.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:29 AM

2 posts, read 11,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
I would say,NOPE to YEP. The billing BS between XOOM and PG&E is but one example of what one can expect.
PG&E

Will I continue to receive a monthly bill from PG&E?
Yes, in most cases. PG&E provides three types of billing options for a CTA: 1) PG&E Consolidated Billing where PG&E consolidates its monthly gas distribution and transmission charges and a CTA's gas charges into a single bill; 2) CTA Consolidated Billing where a CTA consolidates its monthly charges and PG&E's charges into a single bill; and 3) Separate Billing where PG&E and a CTA separately bill for their respective monthly charges. You will experience a few days delay in receiving your monthly bill if your CTA is using PG&E as its biller; however, your payment due date will not be effected by this process.

So the billing BS is PG&E billing system!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose