Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 11:16 AM

76 posts, read 177,783 times

Advertisements

How can I not be creepy? I'm shy and women hate that. They associate shy with being a creep. When ever I force myself to be more confident I feel more creepy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 05:06 PM

3 posts, read 5,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative36 View Post
How can I not be creepy? I'm shy and women hate that. They associate shy with being a creep. When ever I force myself to be more confident I feel more creepy.
Join a social club (like Toastmasters), where you can get more comfortable being yourself around people. If you don't want to join a club, there's always free help online (like Pickup Podcast).

Old 03-16-2011, 05:07 PM
bn1

128 posts, read 206,419 times
My first impulse was to think that Asian women here in the Bay Area just simply like white men more, either because white men have higher status in the minds of Asian women or because they believe Asian men to be more chauvinistic. I think the reasons are a bit more complex and individualized although, as a transplant, I can't help noticing that I see way more mixed couples here than in the East Coast. And by mixed, I mean most mixed couples are exactly what many pointed out here - asian women with white men.

Maybe it's true that white men do take a more aggressive approach in asking out women. I do think that Asian men in the East tend to be more aggressive than most Asian men here as well, perhaps that's one of the reasons you see more Asian-Asian couples than mixed in the East. In general, I've noticed Asian men in the Bay Area have a more conservative dating approach then what their female counterparts are expecting (i.e. take way too long to make a move). I haven't had much problem dating Asian women here, and most Asian guys I've met who relocated from the Northeast to SF don't seem to have much trouble either. I HAVE been told by a few women that we tend to be more aggressive as well so that might have something to do with it. A lot of Asian guys I've met here tend to shy away from talking to a total stranger, and wait to be introduced by a mutual friend.

Also, the general demographics are more integrated here as opposed to people staying in defined subcultures, meaning that a lot more white men are willing to date Asian women and vice versa.

Last edited by bn1; 03-16-2011 at 05:23 PM..

Old 12-21-2011, 11:26 AM

8 posts, read 12,525 times
Default Other Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
If you're educated and have class, then you'll be alright.

If you're creep (and we know how to spot them) looking specifically for "Asian ladies" because of some stereotype you've got in your head, then no.

What about OLder educated Black men? Max in Louisville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland