Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 07:21 PM

72 posts, read 318,963 times

Advertisements

We are considering moving to Petaluma.
We have visited there many times and love the historic district, on the west side, near downtown.
Does anyone have experience living in the historic district?
Did you like it?
Assuming job, wages and housing are not an issue, would you recommend moving there?
Any other comments about Petaluma in general, positive or negative, would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 09:44 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,017,639 times
I live in a historic home in west petaluma, a few blocks from downtown.
Absolutely love it.
what other specific things would you like to know?

Old 08-13-2009, 01:47 PM

516 posts, read 1,339,282 times
Yeah, I used to live over on C street. It was great, although during downtown events people would park all over the street. And my cat got run over but that's not the fault of the neighborhood.

I loved that all the stuff downtown was walkable.

Now I live a bit further into the Western burbs...but it still rocks. Petaluma is a great town.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:38 PM

72 posts, read 318,963 times
Default schools? weather?

Thank you both.
How are the public schools on the west side of Petaluma?
We have a daughter who will be starting elementary school in 2 years.
Also, we have visited the historic district in summer and winter. The weather has always been good. We're we just getting lucky, or is the weather always good in Petlauma? (We come from an area with extreme heat in winter and extreme cold in winter --- which we want to get away from. We like MILD temps year round.) Thanks again, TG.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:19 PM

516 posts, read 1,339,282 times
It is very mild year round compared to temps in the midwest for example. For one thing there is no humidity (although there is the occasional fog). Even on hot days the breeze picks up at around 4pm, and the nights are always cool. You can grow just about anything here because of this.

From what I understand McNear and Grant schools are both very good, and both are on the westside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland