Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 03:34 PM

2 posts, read 3,688 times

Advertisements

[url=http://maps.google.com/?q=loc:+3575+Bernal+Avenue+at+Vineyard+Ave+Pleasan ton+CA+US]loc: 3575 Bernal Avenue at Vineyard Ave Pleasanton CA US - Google Maps[/url]

Is this a bad place to live with kids.

Just got a job in San Mateo,

They pay is livable but have about $1400 to rent. have 2 kids 1 five year old and 1 five month year old. Single income family. I know i can move up in the company really quick and make more money.

My problem is that we have 3 pets I cant get rid of any as my dogs are old and the cat is my sons' ( and I'm not willing to put him through the pain of getting rid of his pet so we can move)

Our care taking position is over in OCT and we have to move.

What i am asking is this a bad place to move or will it suffice for the time being.

thanks your you time and answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 04:21 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,147,120 times
17000 Esteban is in a good area on the border with Castro Valley. It's really close to the freeway, but since you don't have to worry about resale value, it should be fine. Traffic will be a killer though.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:35 PM

2 posts, read 3,688 times
THANK YOU.

Its in a cul de sac so I don't think it will be to bad on the street

I saw on the map how close its to the freeway but with my situation I can afford any more time or money (soon though). I just wantt o make sure it wasnt like some of the areas i was reading about , its hard to make a decision when you never lived there.

Its addy is in hayward, but on the map i see ashland I know its right on the boarder of Castro valley.

Thanks again. If anyone else has some tips let me know.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:20 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,147,120 times
The rough parts of Hayward are like Grand & Jackson, South Hayward, and the 880 corridor in general.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:19 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,654 times
Not sure anymore but 167th had a terrible gang problem when i was there.. early 90's. i am sure it's the same becuse i hear about people getting shot.. but that is a few blocks over.. just stay away from 167th and 168th (other side of ashland comm center). Actually stay away from the center. We used to go get wasted and stuff there. Stay in the houses neighborhooods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frommttoca View Post
loc: 3575 Bernal Avenue at Vineyard Ave Pleasanton CA US - Google Maps

Is this a bad place to live with kids.

Just got a job in San Mateo,

They pay is livable but have about $1400 to rent. have 2 kids 1 five year old and 1 five month year old. Single income family. I know i can move up in the company really quick and make more money.

My problem is that we have 3 pets I cant get rid of any as my dogs are old and the cat is my sons' ( and I'm not willing to put him through the pain of getting rid of his pet so we can move)

Our care taking position is over in OCT and we have to move.

What i am asking is this a bad place to move or will it suffice for the time being.

thanks your you time and answers.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:57 PM

5 posts, read 9,875 times
Don't give ("get rid of ") animals away - under any circumstances. We don't give kids away - it is similar with pets. They are so dependent on us. Even if you find a "good" home, no guarantee they will keep them either. It is horrendous for an animal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland