Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 04:59 PM

213 posts, read 253,642 times

Advertisements

Hahahahah is this a joke?

"I want warm weather similiar to Dublin"
"I want less than an hour commute from South San Francisco."
"I want newer housing stock."

You can't combine these three. It's impossible. Pick 2.

You do realize South San Francisco has a BART station, right? Just BART over from Dublin. You're guaranteed seats since you're at the beginning of the line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 07:54 PM

102,368 posts, read 108,666,141 times
I think your wife would be very happy with Walnut Creek. Go for the employer shuttle. The Bridge commute should be ok, in the HOV lane. You could ask your employer how long the commute is from Pleasant Hill, just to check, and to see what you'd be getting yourself into. That seems like the best you can hope for in terms of meeting all your criteria. And btw, it's not only the bridge crossing that would be a challenge, it's getting through the Caldecott tunnel, too. But they added an extra lane recently, so things should be moving efficiently, barring an accident.

You knew you'd have to compromise on something, right? Let us know how it all works out. I hope you enjoy your new job and location.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:17 PM

37,195 posts, read 42,388,331 times
"potential for 2 job offers" doesn't even equal 1 job offer so I'm not sure why anyone is weighting in on which job to take...

ANYWAY, do you have a house to sell with a lot of equity? Your income doesn't scream "buying a newer house in the Bay Area". The only places to consider are what's already been mentioned. If you liked Dublin go for that, it's one of the cheaper tri valley cities with plenty of new housing if you don't mind density, and end of the line for BART. Visit places on the other side of the Bay and see if you like them and/or you can afford to live there.

Old 08-31-2014, 12:02 AM

8 posts, read 11,297 times
I would look into Danville- especially because you have a child in school. Danville is safe , beautiful, and just has good people. I love the Badwin elementary school/ Charlotte wood middle school area. Charlotte wood is excellent and feeds into San Ramon valley high school which is outstanding. If you lived in a townhome your wife wouldn't have I work . I love the Danville woods townhomes ( around high $400's for a 3 bedroom) as they are a short bike ride along the trail to Baldwin, Charlotte wood middle and San Ramon high). The Hoas are high until 2016 and then will return to normal levels so it is a great time to buy as the property values will go way up after the HOA situation is resolved. Homes rebound the Baldwin school areas are wonderful with a community feel that feels like the Midwest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland