Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2012, 12:32 PM

5 posts, read 12,335 times

Advertisements

I am relocating for a job in Plesanton CA. My son's school will be in Belmont CA. My husbond's job will be in Santa Clera. Where would be a good town to live/rent around these 3 locations that could accommodate our commutes? Is Bemont a good/safe place to live? The commute from Belmont to Plesanton practical? Live in New England currently and New to Caliornia, any advice would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 01:19 PM

2,225 posts, read 3,376,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista1334 View Post
I am relocating for a job in Plesanton CA. My son's school will be in Belmont CA. My husbond's job will be in Santa Clera. Where would be a good town to live/rent around these 3 locations that could accommodate our commutes? Is Bemont a good/safe place to live? The commute from Belmont to Plesanton practical? Live in New England currently and New to Caliornia, any advice would be helpful.
Yes, Belmont is a safe place to live .

Old 02-26-2012, 01:21 PM

102 posts, read 414,930 times
No Belmont is not convenient to Pleasanton. Does your son HAVE to go to school in Belmont? Living in Pleasanton is much easier for all concerned. But yes, Belmont is very nice and safe. You'll have a horrible commute on your hands though. The only good thing going for it is you'll be going again traffic into the city, but still with traffic going to Silicon Valley. Get a Prius or similar vehicle!

Old 02-26-2012, 02:11 PM

272 posts, read 322,934 times
Belmont is OK to commute to Pleasanton, you will go against traffic.

Commute from Pleasanton to Santa Clara will be a nightmare.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:55 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,089,142 times
Yeah, why does he have to go to school in Belmont? I'd take a look at Fremont and get him into a different school that is near where you live.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:10 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,161,550 times
Belmont's a fine place to live. I used to live in Redwood City and commuted to Pleasanton for a short while -- mostly 84 to through Niles Canyon-- and iirc, it's approx an hour each way. Belmont to Santa Clara will be 40-45 minutes each way during rush hour.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:09 PM

5 posts, read 12,335 times
Thank you for the response! Yes, School in Belmont is "must" unless there are any other schools that provide excellent education for kids with dyslexia....My son is one of those very bright kids but with severe language disorder. We looked around different school systems, but there are only a few that provide support he deserves. Charles Armstrong in Belmont was one of them, as I hear, and we are looking for a place to live based on the assumption that he would be accepted by this school.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:14 AM

291 posts, read 959,012 times
Pleasanton is very safe and family oriented but I don't know anything about Belmont.

Make sure to take the ACE train from Pleasanton to Santa Clara. At the Great America station in Santa Clara there are shuttles busing people to nearby companies. Check it out: ACE | Altamont Commuter Express | Welcome to ACE Life!

Driving from Pleasanton to Santa Clara will suck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland