Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 05:44 PM

282 posts, read 383,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
i think, gentoo, that many people are getting sick of certain ethnicities (i won't mention which ethnicities) feeling that they're above the law, committing many violent crimes, and then blaming the cops for trying to stop it.
white power!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 05:45 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,451,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
white power!!!
haha I wasn't going to say it but LMAO!

Old 06-16-2010, 07:08 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,524,095 times
Bay area cops have worse issues than this. In a situation like they tie up the suspects hands and then shoot in the back like they did to that poor black guy on BART! I guess the degree of police incompetence and thuggery correlates with the salary. With the crazy high police salaries in the bay area, the cops with IQ below 80 actually believe they are superior to everyone else and act accordingly.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:21 PM

6,828 posts, read 9,086,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Very true.

A lot of people posting in this thread are residents of Oakland, and many are "anti-law enforcement" I've noticed.

It's inexcusable what this child did. Punching her was probably being lenient in my opinion.
I guess he should have just pulled out his gun and shot her, right? Would that be the right response in your opinion? That would have taught her a lesson about who is in charge!

Old 06-16-2010, 07:36 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,524,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Good lord! I don't see a racist incident here. Not one of my posts in this or the Seattle forum did I even mention that. Where are you people getting this crap from?
Of course the cops all over America are not racist at all. Its just a mere coincidence that whenever cops use excessive and unreasonable force the victim is almost always a minority.... Just a coincidence!

Old 06-16-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
Of course the cops all over America are not racist at all. Its just a mere coincidence that whenever cops use excessive and unreasonable force the victim is almost always a minority.... Just a coincidence!
I see where you're going with this and trust me, I'm not one to always trust cops when dealing with minorities. I just don't think in this case that the cop was racist. I just think he was an idiotic wimp who didn't know how to properly handle a teenage girl.

I'll give you credit though as weird as that is for me. At least you are aware of what minorities often have to deal with.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:50 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,013,742 times
Quote:
This was posted in the Seattle forum where it has generated quite a debate.

msnbc.com Video Player

I know that Bay Area police often have their share of issues too. What do you all think?
this is already being discussed on the political thread and the Seattle thread, what does it have to do with California?

Nita

Old 06-16-2010, 09:44 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,260,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I guess he should have just pulled out his gun and shot her, right? Would that be the right response in your opinion? That would have taught her a lesson about who is in charge!
If I was a law enforcement officer and her friends jumped me, I would be within my right to use lethal force to protect myself and the public.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
this is already being discussed on the political thread and the Seattle thread, what does it have to do with California?

Nita
I didn't knw there was a quota. There are lots of things discussed in the Ca. forum including politics which, according to the sticky, should be in the politics forum. I put this here to get other opinions. As I said, California has had it's share of problems with the police and that is why I wanted other opinions.

Anything else?

Old 06-16-2010, 11:39 PM

36,685 posts, read 67,686,574 times
Quote:
This was posted in the Seattle forum where it has generated quite a debate.

msnbc.com Video Player

I know that Bay Area police often have their share of issues too. What do you all think?
He was totally in the wrong.

He didnt have to punch her. He could have subdued her and put her in handcuffs. She only shoved him and there is no excuse for what he did.

Instead of demonstrating professionalism, he ***** his fist and punches a teenage girl in the face.

What an A-hole.

But make no mistake, she is totally in the wrong too-she has no business touching an officer of the law like that.

BUT HE IS THE COP and in this case THE ADULT as well. He should have known better.

This is only one incident that happened to be caught on tape, but there are countless other examples of police brutality that never see the light of day because most of the time, Blacks are guilty until proven innocent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland