Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 09:53 PM

36,667 posts, read 67,617,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Yes it did, in a very specific area of the country. Which is why it's ridiculous to blame ALL WHITES for those crimes.
No one is blaming whites in 2010 for what happened in the past-but the point has been made over and over again that Blacks are still recovering from abuse that occurred in the past at the hand of White aggressors.

And that is 100% true. It took hundreds of years for the damage to be done, for Blacks as a people to reach their potential is going to take more than just one or two generations.

You don't see it that way? Fine, go along your merry way. I really could care less if that explanation is good enough for you.

Quote:
Jews have experienced racism and persecution for millenia. Far more than blacks of the slavery era. You're right, they're not comparable.
You can worry about the Millenia, this conversation is about the United States of America.

And in the entire history of the United States from colonial times up until 2010, NO PEOPLE HAS COLLECTIVELY BEEN MADE TO ENDURE ABUSE AND OPPRESSION LIKE BLACKS. It was so bad that many Blacks are still reeling from it today.

Jewish oppression in the US is non-existent by comparison.

Its not even a footnote by comparison.

Quote:
Yet, statistically, their communities tend to be the most crime ridden and poverty stricken. Another important factoid, much of the violence is black on black crime, something you won't find in Jewish communities.
So go put a gold star on the forehead of every Jewish person you see...

I don't know why you try to explain the ills of Black America by comparing them to one of the most affluent groups in the country-a group that in great part came to this country already highly educated and cultured.

Its an absurdly dubious comparison at best. But then your Mr. Fantastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 10:45 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,421,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
A cop is not just "a cop". These are your and my neighbors that put their lives on the line every day they put on the uniform and face the worst of society. They are not called "the thin blue line" for nothin. If it were not for these brave men and women, our rear ends would be grass.
Where are you going with this?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:00 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,257,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

You can worry about the Millenia, this conversation is about the United States of America.

And in the entire history of the United States from colonial times up until 2010, NO PEOPLE HAS COLLECTIVELY BEEN MADE TO ENDURE ABUSE AND OPPRESSION LIKE BLACKS. It was so bad that many Blacks are still reeling from it today.
Part of that was made possible by African traitors who willingly sold opposing tribes people as slaves to European and U.S slave ships.

Quote:
Jewish oppression in the US is non-existent by comparison.

Its not even a footnote by comparison.
Jewish oppression on the world scale completely dwarfes oppression against blacks and I don't see Jewish people begging for handouts.

Quote:
So go put a gold star on the forehead of every Jewish person you see...

No need, you see, they've made their own "gold stars". You see how that works?

Old 06-22-2010, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Part of that was made possible by African traitors who willingly sold opposing tribes people as slaves to European and U.S slave ships.
Yes but Whites were the ones who supposedly had judeo-christian ethics and conscience and morals. Guess not.

Quote:
Jewish oppression on the world scale completely dwarfes oppression against blacks and I don't see Jewish people begging for handouts.
Yes, but in the context of US History, Blacks OWN the rights on being oppressed-Jews are an afterthought. Sorry, what was your name again?

Quote:
No need, you see, they've made their own "gold stars". You see how that works?
Actually they were handed Israel in 1948. Blacks have never been given a courtesy on that scale. Must be nice.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:08 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,804,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
This was posted in the Seattle forum where it has generated quite a debate.

msnbc.com Video Player

I know that Bay Area police often have their share of issues too. What do you all think?
In the world of police brutality, this is mild. I was expecting Rodney-King style beating.

These are some of my favorite pig attack videos. Hopefully, these are not re-posts, as I didn't read through the whole thread.

YouTube - Raw Video: Deputy Shown Kicking Teen Girl

YouTube - Chicago Police Officer Attacks Female Bartender

Old 06-22-2010, 09:57 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,257,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yes but Whites were the ones who supposedly had judeo-christian ethics and conscience and morals. Guess not.
I won't defend slave traders. I'd say anyone who trust strangers from a far away land probably won't like what comes to them. But you can't blame white people for all the ills of slavery when black people in Africa were complicit in making it so successful.

Quote:
Yes, but in the context of US History, Blacks OWN the rights on being oppressed-Jews are an afterthought. Sorry, what was your name again?
Blacks have also been the biggest recipients of affirmative action as well.

Quote:
Blacks have never been given a courtesy on that scale.
Wrong. You're simply not educated on African American history.
Liberia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-22-2010, 10:37 AM

205 posts, read 211,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaHuey View Post
With an attitude like that, you aren't going to convince many people.

There are some people who use any excuse, including slavery, for why their lives are so miserable in the 21st century. Some people are duped into thinking there are reparations due for slavery and they don't owe income tax, so they don't file.

Final word: when you accuse people of being uneducated and stupid, don't mis-spell so many words. It makes for a lot of laughs for those of us who CAN spell, but lends little credibility to your rant.
I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything. The truth is the truth, and two misspellings on a message board is no baring on intelligence nor is it "So many words". This is not English class and people use that logic are always backed into a corner with nothing else worthwhile to say.

Who cares what "Some people" do, the majority of us (blacks) don't think that way. So your reply is nonsense.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:13 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,804,518 times
In the two videos posted above, the victims were white females and the perps were cops. The videos show that police brutality is not a racial thing. It's a police culture that encourages cops to beat people who are weaker than them.

Last edited by davidt1; 06-22-2010 at 11:26 AM..

Old 06-22-2010, 11:33 AM

205 posts, read 211,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
In the two videos posted above, the victims were white females and the perps were cops. The videos show that police brutality is not a racial thing. It's a police culture that encourages cops to beat people who are weaker than them.
SOME police brutality is not a racial thing. Some is. Overall I think most of it nowadays is a power trip by some losers who became cops to be tough guys.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I won't defend slave traders. I'd say anyone who trust strangers from a far away land probably won't like what comes to them. But you can't blame white people for all the ills of slavery when black people in Africa were complicit in making it so successful.
I've already addressed this several times. Its called reading comprehension, do look into it.

Quote:
Blacks have also been the biggest recipients of affirmative action as well.
Nope. Whites were and are the recipients of the original Affirmative Action when for the vast majority of our nation's history has been dedicated to the social, political and economic advancement of Whites and the simultaneous squashing of Blacks socially, politically and economically.

You grasp of history is quite appauling.

Quote:
Wrong. You're simply not educated on African American history.
Liberia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
No comparison whatsoever.

The US govt did not GIVE those free slaves Liberia, they did not get help from a World Power the way Israel did when the UK intervened on their behalf.

The US and European powers basically propped up Israel, defended it until they could defend themselves, invested and help build their economy through cushy trade agreements and preferential treatment over the entire Arab World.

Now that preferential treatment has come back to bite us in the @ss. And Israel makes no bones about biting the hand that feeds it. How ironic.

Liberia got nothing from the US. Israel got everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland