Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 01:22 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,812,480 times

Advertisements

While I never take most of these rankings and lists seriously, but they do make for good entertainment.

I recently received my latest issue of Travel and Leisure Magazine which ranked 25 of America's Favorite Cities 2008 by different categories and our hometown fared pretty well:

-2nd for Family Vacations
-2nd Most Attractive People
-4th for Cleanliness
-1st for Spring Break (Don't know why, it's still too cold here)
-2nd Best Weather
-4th Most Active/Athletic
-3rd Public Parks/Access to the Outdoors

Click here (http://www.travelandleisure.com/afc/2008/city/san-diego - broken link) to check out the rest of the rankings and see how we did against other places. Have fun and stop looking in mirror!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 08:36 AM

6,021 posts, read 14,172,325 times
Well I'll admit that I am pretty but my name isn't San Diego !

Old 09-22-2008, 10:26 AM

18,985 posts, read 32,949,892 times
I think SD did pretty well in that survey overall, although we did drop a spot from last year for weather to Honolulu but still good overall. I don't really get the spring break #1 ranking either, it is still fairly chilly that time of year.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:02 PM

858 posts, read 2,246,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
While I never take most of these rankings and lists seriously, but they do make for good entertainment.

I recently received my latest issue of Travel and Leisure Magazine which ranked 25 of America's Favorite Cities 2008 by different categories and our hometown fared pretty well:

-4th for Cleanliness
-2nd Best Weather

Click here (http://www.travelandleisure.com/afc/2008/city/san-diego - broken link) to check out the rest of the rankings and see how we did against other places. Have fun and stop looking in mirror!
Sdurbanite,

How reputable is the magazine?

The rankings are pretty good. And yes, my gf is pretty. Hheheheh.

1st for Spring Break, maybe because it's near Tijuana and it's California.

Thanks for posting the rankings,

Chris

Old 09-22-2008, 02:17 PM

50,901 posts, read 47,901,702 times
I figure the booze ban would bring down the spring break number. Something is fishy.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:49 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,812,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubringliten View Post
Sdurbanite,

How reputable is the magazine?

The rankings are pretty good. And yes, my gf is pretty. Hheheheh.

1st for Spring Break, maybe because it's near Tijuana and it's California.

Thanks for posting the rankings,

Chris
Well, Travel & Leisure is one of the more popular monthly travel magazines out there. The results of the polls came from online voting by subscribers and anyone else who accessed their website. It was definitely more for fun, instead of something scientific.

I'm guessing the editors probably just sat around and made the ranking up themselves in order to sell magazines...lol

In case you are interested, here's a link to last year's results (http://www.travelandleisure.com/afc/2007/city/san-diegolast - broken link). San Diego moved up in quite a few areas.

The latest poll going on now is finding which city is the overall favorite. You can vote here We beat out Denver and Dallas last week, and now we are up against Las Vegas. Let's see how far we can go!

Old 09-22-2008, 06:22 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,337,046 times
Quote:
proximity to mexico?

Old 09-22-2008, 06:24 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,789,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
proximity to mexico?
Maybe..I know there's a lot of partying down in Rosarito and that area for Spring Break. But San Diego?

Old 09-25-2008, 06:24 PM

489 posts, read 1,964,533 times
I think S.D. should get #1 for weather (Honolulu can be so humid!)

"Most attractive people" seems too broad--people come here from all over and not all turn beautiful when they move here (lol!) Do they mean "healthy looking" instead of attractive? That I can see.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:13 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,607,160 times
Quote:

-4th for Cleanliness
-2nd Best Weather

That's the last thing we need.More good news.This place is a hot bed for good news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: